Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
šŸ¤£ yeah....clean up the human!! :lol: having the mud splattering all over you has GOT to be the fun part. šŸ‘. Just glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee as I read this. šŸ˜ Thanks Bay. Good boy, Sentry.

Now I can drink my coffee....and smile. Work again today. And it's another long day of it.šŸ¤·. Rains tonight, close to an inch they say. 7pm to 3am or such. I can deal with that, sleep thru it. :rolleyes: way better than early predictions.

Getting light. Better get to my morning feedings :old

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BIG EXCITEMENT TONIGHT! For Sentry, not me. I was getting sleepy, had turned off TV and Sentry started going beserk. He was barking frantically, a high pitched almost scream. I ran out on the porch with my feeble flashlight and could see that Sentry had SOMETHING in the corner of the pen. It is pitch black darkness here and there are no lights in the sheep lot.

I drove the car to the pen, itā€™s just across the driveway, but the porch light wonā€™t reach that far. Decked out in my robe, rubber boots and flashlight, I went in the pen to see what it was. IT was an armadillo. IT got in the pen and now desperately wanted to get out, but itā€™s efforts were hampered by a hysterical dog digging at its outer shell, biting its tail and trying to find a tooth hold on its back-or anywhere.

Mr. Armadillo was trying to burrow underground to escape this insane dog. I grabbed its tail and it dug in harder. When I was a kid, chasing armadillos was great fun. Grabbing one by the tail when it went down its burrow was fun too, but I never won. That contest usually resulted in me falling backwards and the armadillo running down its burrow. Since it stormed, rained and rained some more, I had a sheep pen full of poop soup and the thought of falling backwards in it wasnā€™t very enticing.

But no matter-the armadillo was kicking mud and showered me with it. Mud went down my boots, in my hair and everywhere in between. So much for going to sleep.

Sentry the Diller Killer was on top of things, digging, biting and ferociously barking. I went and got a fish net and shovel, thinking if I could get the Diller in the net I could rescue it from Sentry.

It popped out of the hole it was digging, hit the corner, where Sheba and Buford were drooling on the other side. Not smart Diller! Sentry the Diller Killer grabbed the opportunity and went nuts, his teeth slid off the shell and Mr. Diller was carefully guarding his underbelly. I tried and tried to scoop the armadillo in the net, just wasnā€™t happening. It popped out of that hole, much to the excitement of Sentry and went back in the first hole. I tried to dig it out amidst a kicked up mud shower.

I finally had sense enough to put Sentry in the other pen. Momā€™s gonna show you dogs how this is done! I went outside the pen and dug down to the armadillo, providing an escape route. Did it escape? NO! It turned, burrowing faster-in the direction where 3 dogs stood waiting. Stupid armadillo!!

I got the water hose, determined to drown the darn thing out of there. Water went down the hole and all of a sudden, my escape route looked mighty good to Mr. Armadillo! Quick as a flash, it jumped up like exploding popcorn, landed on its feet, running. It disappeared into the darkness.

Yeah! Let that be a lesson to you, dumb armadillo! DONā€™T COME BACK!

Quote Reply
I can smell the mud through the screen. Ick

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!!
I apologize for not having been on in a couple of days ,been dealing with my own issues and YES I'm better now.
Coffee pot is almost empty today but it's hot. Cookies all gone. I only made Choc chip the other day. Trying to limit how many sweets are in the house at one time.
Weather says it's 52 here and there's a slight breeze so thinking about starting laundry so I don't have to worry about if FH has work clothes for next week. Finally getting back to having good hours per week :celebrate:ya:woot:weee so glad SPRING is here.
Hope everyone has a good Friday and an awesome weekend!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is Friday? I thought it was Saturday. My brains are frazzled after the Great Armadillo Invasion!
Time change sucks. Itā€™s too much daylight, too early, I want to SLEEP and then drink my COFFEE. Itā€™s cold and wet outside and Iā€™m not motivated.

Ahhhhhā€¦. But I have Carharts! Iā€™ll slip them on over my sloppy sweat pants and big baggy T-shirt. Some socks and rubber boots and Iā€™ll be good for feeding.

Got my 50 chicks yesterday morning and got them settled in. They are cozy, feed , water, and still too small to relish the darn June bugs that showed up last night.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never went to work. :idunno just couldn't do it. Felt tired and sleepy. Moved job to another day. Dozed some, listened to howling winds. Eventually did a load of laundry and ran dishwasher. No guilt here.

Just fed and milked. We're all ready for tonight's rain here in the farm. ā˜ŗļø. Don't want but, can't stop it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
armadillos-are-just-tactical-assault-possums-memes-e65267cbd3e6321c-44c46b7fe4c99688.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ šŸ™ā¤ļøšŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I finally woke up before 7:30. I woke up at 5:30. On second cup of coffee, then May do something productive like unload dishwasher and fold 2 loads of clothes on the sofa. Itā€™s chilly and drizzling rain outside. I need to finish getting my taxes together, got appointment on Wednesday.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, school had a basketball bracketā€¦whoever got the most right gets ten bonus points on their lowest exam score. I, not being a sports person, managed to pick Purdue as the winner. Which was apparently one of the earliest out, according to my friend who informed me last night. Any sports fans in here? Iā€™ll phone you next time for your picksšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had to get a blood draw this morning. Wife came with, we went to breakfast, stopped at one of local butchers, got wings, pork sausage, ground chuck, and 10 pounds of meat to make beef jerky. Stopped at a little bread place and she picked out some lemon shortbread cookies.

I needed to get her out and about. She's napping now.