Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well, I caved and tasted it. Wish I hadn't. Yuck!!! Also wish I was able to make myself puke. pretty, sugary, not for human consumption 🤮 20230314_113633.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! What days! Finally over 33 and snow melting to make room for the one expected Friday.

I want sugar cookies! It's cookies with my favorite ingredient, sugar,lol have not had good sugar cookies in years. The ones they sell around are disgusting.
Well, someone will have diabetic chickens,lol
But FarmerJamie made some chocolate something,yummy for those who love chocolate!

My chocolate is just a milk Hershey plain. Been eating a lot of cheese pastries and finished my guava/cheese ones. Weight back up to 229.

Had a hard day today because hub is either getting alhzeimic or plying stupid. Told him today that he needs to go soon. He said that next month for sure. Told him he has played that card before and has taken years. That I wish he stays close with the hope that he changes but if he goes to Florida, it will be fine by me. He didn't like that part. So he has stayed in his room like a baby. I am ok with that for now.
Had a lot of vehicles drama too. Monday his dodge, Tuesday my Blazer for a battery and his dodge went back again today.
I need a Ford F250!

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The ones they sell around are disgusting.
Dreamz, do you have a Meijer near you? They have a shaped sugar cookie that they put out for different holidays in their bakery department. They are the best!

They will probably get in some flower shape ones for Easter. Coated with colored sugar. But they go fast. I completely missed the heart shaped ones at Valentine’s Day because they were sold out each time I was there. And I have not seen the green clovers for St. Patty’s day yet.

They really are so much better than the thick yucky Lofthouse ones that have the frosting on them. Let me see if I can find a photo.

66D1D373-4027-4E7C-82B3-5DE279AB8028.jpeg

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1 sleeve graham crackers
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter

Crush crackers, melt butter. Mix.
Press out in parchment paper lined 9x9 baking dish.

1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbl peanut butter
Melt then pour over base

Refrigerate 2 hours.

Not low carb, but satisfies the wife's sweet tooth.

I am working on a lower carb version
I would think to split the Graham crackers with some crushed nuts. Even peanuts because of the peanut butter filling.
Maybe take some of the chocolate chips out of the filling and replace it with coconut oil, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Maybe like 3/4 the amount of chocolate chips and then 1/4 cup total of the other mix. It might set up a little bit firmer than the original though, which using coconut oil and butter or red palm would fix.
Then, of course, using a different sweetener than powdered sugar or mixing powdered sugar with something else to keep the texture but limit the carbs.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I would think to split the Graham crackers with some crushed nuts. Even peanuts because of the peanut butter filling.
Maybe take some of the chocolate chips out of the filling and replace it with coconut oil, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Maybe like 3/4 the amount of chocolate chips and then 1/4 cup total of the other mix. It might set up a little bit firmer than the original though, which using coconut oil and butter or red palm would fix.
Then, of course, using a different sweetener than powdered sugar or mixing powdered sugar with something else to keep the texture but limit the carbs.
This is along the lines of thinking I have. Won't have time to tinker until this weekend. I do have powdered sweetener sugar replacements already

I need to look up the chocolate coating for my low carb snickers bars. I think that coating will work.