Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
5114041_full-coffee-time-with-friends-quotes-pin-by-coffee-time-with-friends-on-weekdays-happy...jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. Was up at 3:30. I’d rather get more sleep, but I got roof brain and wake up way too early!
@Country homesteader the only way to lose weight is to increase exercise to burn off calories and reduce calorie intake. Easier said than done. Reduce carbs,especially sugars, excess carbs turn to sugars and are stored as fat. Naturally carbs are all the yummy stuff.
"Roof Brain"? I learn something new everytime I visit here.

I just pulled a squishy early ripened.low hanging pear off a no spray tree. Was it blemish free? Nope. Was it delicious? Yes, It was absolutely delicious 😋

Can’t wait for them to ripen to can pear sauce for eating. For me, there’s no such thing as perfect in earth, as a matter of fact I get suspicious when something appears to be to good to be true. Give me blemished ugly fruit and I’ll be content and happily eat it.

This will be my recipe 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! Coffee is ready! I ran out of screws on the last 2 rows of 2x4s yesterday. I got them placed and secured with a 4” screw at each end, but no screws into the rafters. I got another box and I’ll get it finished up this morning. Saturday the metal will go on and I’ll have a roof!
Get this. I thought I’d get a discount on my insurance, but no. Instead insurance went up! The metal roof is more valuable, by $7,000. I just can’t win.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Had to get on the computer this morning. It's the first I've been on it since May. So, I thought I'd pop in and say hi before going outside to do some yard work. I won't have my coffee until a bit later. I try to get stuff done outside before it gets too hot.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all my wonderful friends! I'm up for the second time (first time was 12:45AM seeing how FH had to leave here at 1:45 in order to pick up a coworker, stop at a store and be at the shop by 3 because they are working in Maryland today). Do I know why FH always has to stop at a store nope but it's probably to get him some sort of breakfast of the stuff he isn't suppose to be eating.
@Denim Deb it's already hot (72) and very humid here.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! Coffee is ready! I ran out of screws on the last 2 rows of 2x4s yesterday. I got them placed and secured with a 4” screw at each end, but no screws into the rafters. I got another box and I’ll get it finished up this morning. Saturday the metal will go on and I’ll have a roof!
Get this. I thought I’d get a discount on my insurance, but no. Instead insurance went up! The metal roof is more valuable, by $7,000. I just can’t win.

they figure if it gets damaged and they have to replace it (and also pay labor that you've done for less, etc.) then they'll be paying a lot more, so yeah, i would expect the insurance to go up. the fact that you'll never have to do it again yourself is worth an increase in insurance rate IMO.

our home owners insurance is not as bad as i expected, we've had two break-ins or attempts and various vandalism, but in recent years (now that i'm here all the time) none of that has been a problem. it helped that the local juvenile delinquent left the area.