Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning one of the new baby Tom kitties met me at the door meowing. I picked it up gave him a few quick pets and said where's your brother and jack (mature orange and white Tom cat) for that matter? I set him down and he ran under the BBQ grill.

This apparently is where they have made there hangout. They get up on the bottom shelves and sleep. The BBQ grill has a cover, so I reckon they stay dry on the bottom shelf.

I went over and lifted up the BBQ grill cover, only one baby kitty 🤷‍♂️. Then I let the ducks and chickens out. I looked around for the other baby kitty. I looked pretty hard for lost kitty, even called "here kitty, kitty, kitty" several times. No sigh of jack or the lost kitty. I finished my coffee and went for a second cup, only to find jack and both kitties waiting at the door for me. Little stinkers they are, I tell you what.

P.S. I was watching all three of them last night. Jack is the master cat herder. He keeps those baby kitties out of trouble. Pretty awesome to watch him play momma cat to baby Tom kitties. And to think these two pre loved baby Tom kitties were 3 week long facebook rejects, no body wanted them. I like them 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad to see your hooman training is in full swing and going well
😂 Never heard that word before. But I don't get out much either.
Screenshot_20230808-105147.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all! Coffee pot is all set for y'all to make your daily Cup O'Joe and patio set is wanting to be filled.
@CrealCritter they are very adorable!!!! Looks like 2 male cats I had long time ago.
I think we are almost done with getting everything set for the wedding- we have the venue secured, DJ has us blocked off in his book, we decided on the officiant, wedding party all set, bartender is getting deposit this week, 1 day banquet application is going to be done this week, extra insurance for 1 day is getting done this week. We decided on going with a local bakery now just have to meet her for our consultation and cake tasting. I think I am forgetting something but I can't think right now. We do know we are going to have to go a regular jeweler to get FH band seeing how when we was at Walmart he tried to try on a size 12 and it was too small wouldn't even go over his 2nd knuckle.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Boy!! it has been a busy week, well, last week rolled over this week into a non stop roll o_O
after all the house cleaning and mopping tues & wed. We had company over all day thur. for a great time of fellowship. I shared herbs with them , sent them home with a lot of lavender. Friday was watering and garden clean up.
Saturday, I got out and picked all the white corn, cleaned the bed,
image_16877569.JPGimage_16887809.JPG
then got to the normal chores and wrap everything up so I could have a day off on Sunday. After church I made quesadilla burgers and just read all day. Monday I started in at 7am went out and harvested some herbs that had to be cut and set them to dry- then I got busy shucking the corn, it doesnt look like much but holy cow my hands hated me by the time I was done. I got it all cleaned up and trimmed, 130 little corns.
image_16894209.JPG
Not bad for a first shot at growing corn, I was way to tired to cut it off the ear, I blanched it all and cooled it and put it in the freezer,, at 7pm,, I was not feeling all that great, a bit over tired.

Yesterday I got the little bit of mowing done and gave the greens to the flock, they were very excited!
Then I went for the green beans, I truly didnt know there were this many ready out there! there are still small ones coming on and more flowers
image_67234049.JPG
image_67506945.JPG

So this morning after BK, I'll get started trimming beans and blanching,
We are suppose to have some rain today, and It sounds like it just started raining,, SMELLS wonderful!!

Well, 6am and I havent let the flock out of the coop yet,, Oh yes, the rain is coming down Thank you Lord!

open up the coop, feed the dogs ,,drink a lot more coffee and do my Bible study

then Green Beans,

image_67165697.JPG Have a wonderful day!

porch.Amberg.guitar.800x500-1536x1008-1-700x459.jpg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lotta work happening there! Corn...why didn't you just cut each end, remove loose shuck, then freeze ears in shuck? When used, taste like fresh picked. Besides, a LOT less work up front. You can cut from cob & can later if that's how you use most.

No garden here this year, too wet spring, then too busy. Pantry full, lots canned from last year. Bought a few fresh veggies from others and I was gifted some. It's worked well since I've had so much fencing to work this year. Next year another big garden challenge! 🤣 I plan to till late, amend soil with goat barn clean outs and be ready come spring. Nice plan -- just implement! :lol: I'm collecting mulch now.

Been moving around for a while...worked up last of figs I had here, fed cats & chickens..did a visual for goats...everyone still on farm 🤣 need to go milk soon but, finishing my coffee first. Then tractor time to rake cut grasses from some fields...too heavy to lay and rot. No seed so pile & store for mulch or barn bedding. $$$ saved. Rain tomorrow, gotta do today.

Busy day ahead. Better get to it. Morning dew has dried.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lotta work happening there! Corn...why didn't you just cut each end, remove loose shuck, then freeze ears in shuck? 😲I didnt know you could do that! Ball book and Preserving the Harvest book were all about blanching--holy cow
When used, taste like fresh picked. Besides, a LOT less work up front. You can cut from cob & can later if that's how you use most.

No garden here this year, too wet spring, then too busy. Pantry full, lots canned from last year. Bought a few fresh veggies from others and I was gifted some. It's worked well since I've had so much fencing to work this year. Next year another big garden challenge! 🤣 I plan to till late, amend soil with goat barn clean outs and be ready come spring. Nice plan -- just implement! :lol: I'm collecting mulch now. great plan, I too feed the bed in the fall and prep for spring

Been moving around for a while...worked up last of figs:drool I had here, fed cats & chickens..did a visual for goats...everyone still on farm 🤣 need to go milk soon but, finishing my coffee first. :bow

Then tractor time to rake cut grasses from some fields...too heavy to lay and rot. No seed so pile & store for mulch or barn bedding. $$$ saved. Rain tomorrow, gotta do today. :fl

Busy day ahead. Better get to it. Morning dew has dried.

So, have you NOT blanched green beans before freezing???