Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another overcast, misty, drizzly day 🫤 5 in a row. I'd love to see sunshine! Heading to work early today. Just get mug of coffee and head out...hope to be done early, too. Y'all enjoy your day 👍😊

three out of four here have been rather blah, but oh well, soon enough i should be able to get back outside and do something. in the meantime i've still got bags of beans to shell which i'll get done eventually. no rush. i never put a deadline on doing them since it seems i get them done sooner anyways. it's too much fun for me to ignore for long. physically i just have to remember to take a break once in a while and get up and move around. after a few hours my body will start yelling at me in very specific ways so even that has it's own built in timer i can't really ignore - plus it really isn't any fun to fall over when you get up to do something and your legs have fallen asleep.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! I made bran muffins yesterday, y’all are welcome to have some. I’m not real motivated for hard work today. I’ve been on a roll, and I’m kinda sore. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, came home and made seafood salad from that imitation crab. It’s pretty tasty. Made Everlasting Bran Muffins batter and cooked 12. The batter will last a while in the refrigerator. Supper was a hamburger patty, asparagus spears and seafood salad.
Today? I don’t know. Not in the mood for a work till I drop day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230929-084818.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ,🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good-morning-saturday-coffee.jpg

IT's all by the coffee pot which has a full tank of water so brew a cup or make a glass of Iced Coffee then let's sit on the patio in the 58 morning chill, still have about 2 hours before the sun comes up so no rush to gulp it down. We can have great conversation or just enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning as we gather our thoughts.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was looking at the long term forecast for So WA. We're supposed to hit 80 by next Friday!! Holey moley!! I don't want to half to turn on the irrigation system again. UGH to the price! (which is a fraction of what we've paid elsewhere in every other home!) So bite the bullet Murph, and keep your hard work foundation plants alive!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finished my coffee. It’s finally daylight so I can go do chores. Sheep need another bale of hay, but gate is blocked by the big dead oak that got cut down on Wednesday. Chase has cut some of the top into firewood and is coming back this afternoon to cut more. I’ll get out there and help him, then I can get a hay bale to the sheep. But first-church.

Latest posts