Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Its the Artic storm moving in. Was very windy here too.

Models are all over the place down here in Vancouver. Some say 12 - 20 degrees; other say 30 - 45 degrees. Next week when it hits, it will reveal itself.

Yeah it cant decide of we'll hit single digits next weekend or be in the mid 20s for lows.

I have the last wood house coming for the silkies on Wednesday so I'll be very busy putting it together Thursday so all pens are super comfortable.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all! Happy Sunday.
Well FH and I picked up LITTLE MS. BEAUTY yesterday. Gotta apologize for not taking more pictures of her it was down right pouring rain and I'm NOT trying to get sick right now. I had to laugh seeing how the key fob was handed directly to me even though I'm not going to be driving it.
Here in a couple hours FH and I along with a couple friends (who are also going to get married but they are in our wedding party too) is going to a wedding event. I'm excited seeing how I've never been to one of these shindigs before. I know I know an event like this is just for businesses to get extra customers but no one said we are going to actually hire any of them. I just thought it would be fun and also help our friends get some ideas for their wedding.

Attachments

• 411473364_1092045225560858_5433603047101394801_n.jpg
    411473364_1092045225560858_5433603047101394801_n.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 31

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No power here.

My needy renter called me to tell me she had no power.

:rolleyes:

I asked her if she had checked the website for the utility company.... or had reported the outage to the utility company.

Really.... :rolleyes:

if the power goes out here it takes out the radio relay tower that includes my internet service but beyond that i don't like running my computer on the battery backup for very long if i can help it. so checking on the power company status isn't often possible or very practical. so we call my brother (who lives far enough away that he's often able to check on the situation) to see how big the problem is and how long it might take to restore power.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader, like the new ride.👍 I'ma SUV type for a "car". Must have been buy week, I snatched an old truck myself. Yes, OLD. 1997. Antique? Younger than me!

Fresh coffee -- y'all help yourself. I'm having 2nd cup. Then feed, go to get cat food. 🥴 I'll check if I need anything else -- it's my winter hiatus to "eat from the pantry & freezer" time. Was low on dry cat stuff, had planned to pick up yesterday while going to get my tractor rototiller but, rain made me stay home 🫤 now out. Go find a mouse, kitties. :old