Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
. Got a knarly bone for the dog to keep him busy while we're in the house the next four days. Supposed to be in the teens and with windchill, cus the artic front is bringing wind, it will be in the single digits. This rarely happens here.
I forget just where your at. I've spent 1 winter in between Tri cities and Wall Walla (worked in Wallula acutally). I enjoyed the summer (come home sweat to death, go back) but it is just as wet over the winter there as the house. Miserable. Very similar weather for an 1,800 mile drive. The dips in temp would be colder at home but overall similar.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No... I didn't leave the hose on, that's the rain we got this morning. And because it didnt rain enough, we got second rain :) second rain is just winding down now. It's soupy out there... not complaining though, we really need the rain, all the ponds around here are low.
View attachment 25307

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️
That was us yesterday. Wait and yours will be frozen also. :lol: Maybe it'll keep the water here instead of running off if it thaws slow.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That was us yesterday. Wait and yours will be frozen also. :lol: Maybe it'll keep the water here instead of running off if it thaws slow.

The thing about it... I put that gate on high ground :rolleyes:. IDK... I just work around here.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain here tonight, lotta wind with it. Cool but not cold. That changes -- our 50-60s leave Sunday. Then a week of 40-45 days and low 20 nights 😖. I know it's winter but, not cold, please! 🥴 Hate cold.

I'll be adding bedding to barns Sunday. 👍

Maybe I'll have tractor time over weekend. Depends on how much rain comes along tonight. Hope it's light.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning, a bit cold here,

it was 18 yesterday morning and made it to 22 - I have 2 water jugs with 2 gal. in each, I swapped them out every 2 hours, same for my hummingbird feeder.
---
I got up at 2am today, I was cold 10 out,, I got the woodstoves going and made coffee,, I hope the flock did ok over night, I'll go out closer to 6 and bring them water and organic corn scratch. I think I will leave the door shut until the temp goes up , its suppose to get maybe to 23 but 2pm, we'll see how it goes,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well,,, time to bundle up and go see how the chick'chicks are,,
I think I am going to need a nap later

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, I’ll save some for @FarmerJamie . I’ve got to get outside in a little while and do morning chores. I’m about as ready as I’m gonna get for the approaching storm. Not looking forward to it. Sheep have deep bedding in their shelters and I have 4 more bags of compressed pine shavings. Dogs go in the sheep shelters and snuggle. I bought a 100 pound bale of alfalfa yesterday to give them some added nutrition during the cold weather. I’ll set them a new round bale tomorrow after church.
Then it will be hunker down, stay off the roads and care for animals.