Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
images

Coffee is ready but you'll need in reheat it in micro seeing how it's been made since 2:15 only because FH had to go into work early this AM due to having to sweep.
FH liked the cake even though it was made with MAYO. I told a couple friends about it and they JUST happened to tell him even though I wanted to surprise him.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
images

Coffee is ready but you'll need in reheat it in micro seeing how it's been made since 2:15 only because FH had to go into work early this AM due to having to sweep.
FH liked the cake even though it was made with MAYO. I told a couple friends about it and they JUST happened to tell him even though I wanted to surprise him.

Its the word 'mayo' that gets some people. Its pretty much just eggs and oil with lemon juice. Need eggs and oil for a cake. It makes perfect sense and Hellmans figured that out 90 years ago. Was a good marketing tactic for them when they developed the first recipe for it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule you cut back? Don't you normally get 50+?
Yeah, I got a customer that wants 20, another customer that didn’t want any. So 20 for customer, 20 to split between DD and family, and me. I don’t need much, but it will help the grocery bill for DD. Getting them early so I can get them sent off to freezer camp and done. At $8 per pound, dressed, I can’t turn that money down.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sister is flooded out of her house. She and a friend were gone Wednesday overnight on one of their little trips. Her neighborhood was on the Houston news.

Her road

Attachment.jpeg

Her house

Attachment.jpeg

A neighbor took care of her dogs overnight. House had water in it.

Attachment.jpeg

Sister and her friend got back, went to fire station where they had a friend. He sent a rescue team to go to her house to get her dogs.

Attachment.jpeg

They would not take her to her house. They brought her dogs out and she stayed with her friend Thursday night. She already talked to a contractor and is first on the list. Waiting on water to go down so she can go home. She has done this before and is a Pro. I would have been gone after the first flood, but she’s been there over 20 years and ain’t going anywhere.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sister is home! Her friend sent me this picture. My sis has her back to the camera. Dogs are in the canoe. The other lady is her neighbor’s teenage daughter who went to Waco today in a school competition. Her boyfriend has a canoe and is walking through the water, taking them both home.

Just talked to my sister, water has receded. She is mopping, her son will be there tomorrow to drag rugs out to dry, and help her. Her refrigerator is toast. Refrigerator in the garage still works. She is happy to be home.

Attachment.jpeg