Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@The Porch: the Southern WA Gardeners say to not clear our beds yet. They say that bumbles and other bees hibernate in the debris. I've only been here for 1.5 years, but they would know and so I take their advice.
I have a lot of bees here, several different types. They love our forest with all the wild evergreen huckleberries,blackberries, currents etc. I clean up my garden in October. What little I have is over grown thyme, rosemary etc. I harvest 85% of my many herbs when they are in bloom leaving plenty for the bees and wasps. They especially love my 3 different types of oregano.
That’s wonderful you leave stuff for them.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony dog has the “ Iam on watch” bark thing going on right now, mostly due to him getting a whiff is something from the forest to our south. I went to the living room window to reassure him it’s all clear and holy cow!!! This warm weather has the poor bugs all messed up- tried to get you a pic—
It’s a stink’n wasp 🐝 poor thing-

IMG_3995.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tony dog has the “ Iam on watch” bark thing going on right now, mostly due to him getting a whiff is something from the forest to our south. I went to the living room window to reassure him it’s all clear and holy cow!!! This warm weather has the poor bugs all messed up- tried to get you a pic—
It’s a stink’n wasp 🐝 poor thing-

View attachment 25441

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Brought home more fence materials yesterday. A week of good weather ahead and I really hope to work in garden area to prep. It would be great to clears out a couple of the fence lines I'm replacing, while things aren't growing and you can see what's there! The "dead from winter" time for discovery. :idunno it's pastures not currently in use but, need to be in another couple of months!! 👍 Lots of work but, productive when done!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Brought home more fence materials yesterday. A week of good weather ahead and I really hope to work in garden area to prep. It would be great to clears out a couple of the fence lines I'm replacing, while things aren't growing and you can see what's there! The "dead from winter" time for discovery. :idunno it's pastures not currently in use but, need to be in another couple of months!! 👍 Lots of work but, productive when done!
I dont worry to much about the 5lbs I have put on since Oct. Cuz I know the hard labor season will be here just in the nick of time :gig