Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds great! :clap :love

Exciting that the food bank is active -- not just for donations BUT to hopefully encourage people to plant edible choices, even if only a few pots or containers! I mean, those who have a food garden knows how much just 2 good tomato plants can produce...then there's squash :lol: and green beans. Of course, I think everyone should have a plot for food to grow. :idunno:old

Think I'll check with our local people and see if/what such involvement they could have! 👍

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Afternoon all! I've been busy this entire week from time I get up until I go to bed and had nothing to do with wedding stuff either.
Found out the other night that FH OLDER sister (yes the one who doesn't really like me but tolerates me) is back in the hospital due to being sick. Well, found out that her one good kidney is full of fluid (the hospital is currently draining it [will take 72 hours to completely drain] and she did have urine in her blood (NO NOT BLOOD IN HER URINE but URINE IN HER BLOOD!!).
I had a NEW PCP appointment on Wed and besides being chunky I'm in decent health.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yesterday was sunny, and today is a beautiful sunny day as well. So nice for a change! Really ought to do something outside, but tackling the hoard of cardboard boxes in the basement is on the agenda for today. Maybe after that’s done I’ll transfer basement chicks outside to the coop.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beautiful gorgeous sunny day here today...temps started at 29 but now in the low 50's.... hung 2 loads of clothes after getting back from feeding bottle calves.
Hoses all switched around, and meter brackets all changed and in car for testing on Tuesday, then will put away in carport and plan to clean out car and get it somewhat "habitable" again... I am terrible for stuffing any and everything in the back seat... get the hatchback part cleaned out also so meters and hoses don't have to get stuffed in there either...

Going to do a little clean up of "debris" from cutting the snow ball bushes off and other garden stuff to take out to burn pile in the garden.... next time we have a decent rain I think it will all get burnt...

Ate some lunch and going back outside...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Moo Crew, calves are in week 21 of life.
Screenshot_20240204_124353_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️