CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240414_204751_Brave.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My garden is pseudo organic, as are my numerous flower beds (meaning no sprays or chemicals, just fertilizers and amendments). Heck, for two years now, I've forgotten to spray my fruit trees - apples and pears for coddling moth and peach leaf curl. I'll be paying for that this year in reduced yield and poor health young fruit trees.

Thank you for intelligently discussing this issue with me.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think it was late November or early December when I closed and bush hogged this summer & fall pasture. Ain't no gain fed grazing animal stepped hoove on it yet this year. I would kind of like to see it drop seed, but that depends on the weather. It might happen, IDK... I checked the fence and there's nothing to fix. But It's still too wet down here, to open it up to the moo crew. The spring in the grove of trees is flowing pretty well and it's pond is still too deep. Plus there's a lot of sticks and branches caught on the steel water gap panel that I need to clean off first.

I still have the moo crew on the upper winter & spring pasture, where its drier. But I think if I were a head of cattle, this is where I would want to be 😋

Screenshot_20240417_215405_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240417_215440_Gallery.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Tornado touchdowns in the area this evening. One about 6 miles away. No idea on damages. We are safe and sound.
That's a scary experience. How did your family (a.k.a. your new kitten) handle it?

Did it affect homes? There was one a few miles away from me a couple years ago that went right through a trailer home community. It was devestating. The community pulling together in the days afterward was heartwarming

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That's a scary experience. How did your family (a.k.a. your new kitten) handle it?

Did it affect homes? There was one a few miles away from me a couple years ago that went right through a trailer home community. It was devestating. The community pulling together in the days afterward was heartwarming
One home destroyed, many damaged. Ohio Turnpike nearby had a tractor trailer flip.
Assessment today rated it EF-1. Roads closed for cleanup still this afternoon

I was at the ballpark 30 miles away. The cats were at the window. Window faced towards direction of the storm cell. Wife said when the tornado alert went off, Avery (kitten) and Paisley ran to the basement.

Messenger_creation_8ebd8cb0-6044-4716-a314-090b071aa95d.jpeg