Cold and flu remedies?

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In USA we have been very fortunate. According to the CDC website, we have had 41 deaths as of this morning. 1,629 cases of the virus....this includes presumptive and confirmed. We have been extremely fortunate compared to other countries.

Prayers are being said daily.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you are wondering how the coronovirus is affecting the USA and other countries, check this site out. It is very well thought out:

This is done by a 17 year old prodigy. He updates it every minute.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
'Tis the season and I'm already on board with an awful cold :rolleyes: All this coughing and sneezing and blowing what feels like my brains out had me running to the pharmacy for some medicine quickly. I am up a collection of no less than three different brands of cough medicine now, none of which sadly seem to make much of a difference :he As well as some strong tablets that helps with the sinus drainage, but makes me so loopy headed, I can't drive or do anything vaguely responsible. I nearly took a tumble down the stairs in a store yesterday, which earned me a few unsympathetic "go home, you're drunk" looks. :smack But what am I do to? The different brand (non drowsiness inducing) tablets I tried managed to make me feel even worse!

Surely there has to be a better way to handle this nonsense, or even better, avoid it altogether? If you guys have tips or home made remedies, please share!
How do you prepare yourselves against the coronavirus? we are currently in a state of calamity because of that. be careful guys.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In USA we have been very fortunate. According to the CDC website, we have had 41 deaths as of this morning. 1,629 cases of the virus....this includes presumptive and confirmed. We have been extremely fortunate compared to other countries.

Prayers are being said daily.
Lisa, those stats are MUCH better than the ones I ran a week or so. this brings the death rate to 2.5%. Still much higher than the influenza rate of .1%.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How do you prepare yourselves against the coronavirus? we are currently in a state of calamity because of that. be careful guys.

I have been preparing for just such as this for at least 10 years. So... it's not much of an issue for hubby and I regarding food and such essentials. However, his life is dependent on insulin and digestive enzymes. No amount of prepping in advance can mitigate that situation.

The greater aspect of prepping for this issue, or any other challenge in this life is: Giving God control of my life, and my destiny. My future is secure in Jesus Christ. As the apostle Paul said: "For me to live is Christ. For me to die is gain." In other words: I will live this earthly life in service to my Lord Jesus Christ, and when I die, I will have the ultimate victory. That alone brings great peace in times of joy AND stress.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
'Tis the season and I'm already on board with an awful cold :rolleyes: All this coughing and sneezing and blowing what feels like my brains out had me running to the pharmacy for some medicine quickly. I am up a collection of no less than three different brands of cough medicine now, none of which sadly seem to make much of a difference :he As well as some strong tablets that helps with the sinus drainage, but makes me so loopy headed, I can't drive or do anything vaguely responsible. I nearly took a tumble down the stairs in a store yesterday, which earned me a few unsympathetic "go home, you're drunk" looks. :smack But what am I do to? The different brand (non drowsiness inducing) tablets I tried managed to make me feel even worse!

Surely there has to be a better way to handle this nonsense, or even better, avoid it altogether? If you guys have tips or home made remedies, please share!
bought a dozen lemons earlier, I hope this will do the trick. ill take more than my regular vitamin C intake because of the coronavirus scare.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stay home and don't let people breathe on you? That's my plan, plus flu shots and chaga tea. Hope you feel better soon!
I will surely do that, especially now that the risk of the coronavirus scare. please be careful everyone.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

I don't know any homemade remedies, But Like I said before. the best remedy is still Vicks vaporub! :D:D:D

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

They said bananas were the best cure for covid19. So did that mean that bananas are a good cure for cough and colds?