Cold!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One more day....

Monday is looking like it might even sneak above freezing. Wouldn't that be something :rolleyes:

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not good.Sure hope your pipes aren't frozen.:fl

We're sitting at 6* this morning with wind chill minus 15...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same bastardly cold here! :he

Bay, like you, we are supposed to be mid 40 Monday & up to 60 by Friday. More "normal" for us. I am so over this white crap!! :( Truly unusual for our area to be this cold, this long. And snow is 12th most in something like 50 yrs. Haven't been on roads since Wed and that's ok but, the winds keep moving this darned snow, so the paths I make each day just disappear! Carrying buckets of water gets tricky as you walk along, hit a drift, then buckets drag. I pull hay on a large tarp type bag.

It's hard to heat a house above the mid 60's when it's minus 5 outside. I'm tired of cold.

Now on a 48 hr countdown to sanity !!! :celebrate

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup, I'm counting down with you.

Windchill at -40 right now. It's not my first time with those temps, but it's already been so cold for the last two weeks that -40 just feels like being kicked when you're already down.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ha, feels like -40 this morning and it's supposed to be above freezing tomorrow. That is some temperature change.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yikes we're at 5* and that is way too cold we're going to 33 this afternoon can't remember when we were that warm lol after highs only in teens 33 will be warm. We had wind chills down around 25 below that was awful for our birds and us.