Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
"Courtly bow" - are you in SCA too?
My smilies aren't working at all now, but that's because of virus protection stuff. The price of safety is pretty high. I'll have to learn how to type them now.
Hope you enjoy the site. Lots of cool stuff to learn about, and lots of laughs sometimes too.
Whats an SCA?

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Colowyo-

sound like you like to shake things up a little

you just might liven things up around here lol

I don't visit BYC to much, so I'am not aware of your situation there, so I for one will be taking you as you come.

Just play nice

what is-SCA? backwards gal from WA whats to know also.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel - no, I am not a member of the SCA, although now that i've stared investigating their website I'm starting to think about it :D

Dace - thanks for the welcome

deb4o - i never play nice. if it happens that I am playing nice it is purely an accident, I promise ;) and I tend to wander around reading stuff until something catches my eye and then I'll comment on it. I'll answer questions if it's something I know about, or if its something I'd like the answer to as well I'll help bump it along to make sure it gets attention :cool:

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Welcome, and merry meet! Sounds like you have the right attitude for here. Hope to hear more about what you do around your homestead.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
Welcome, and merry meet! Sounds like you have the right attitude for here. Hope to hear more about what you do around your homestead.
merry meet to you as well valgram ;)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gah! ever have a day when you turn on your laptop "just to check my email" and three hours later you are still on it? I've been reading other peoples journals on here, and reading stuff on BYC and omg I've wasted part of my day!
I need to:
set up ledger books for myself and my partner to keep track of money
shave
do laundry
put lunch together for work
winterize the coop
dig a trench around the coop to lay the hardware cloth
move the "compost" from the old yard to the new one
put up wanted posts on craigslist and freecycle for leaves for mulch
put a second larger door on the brooder section of the coop
bring the "babies" out of the brooder and into the rest of the world
clean out the brooder and use that in the new garden area
buy flower bulbs for planting
buy topsoil for the new garden and flower beds
buy straw/hay for mulch
mow the back "yard" so it grows decently come spring
winterize the trailer
kick my partner in the arse so he'll buy/build a decent hutch or cages for the bunnies
start planning the gardens for 2011
plan out what birds we will be getting for 2011 (i want some turkeys, i wonder how they will freerange?)
hunker down and start learning more about my spiritual beliefs (whats the point in having beliefs if you don't know anything about them? or practice anything with them?)
get off the computer!
add to this list as I think of more things!

*sigh* sometimes it seems like alot. can't I just win the lottery, rip out the trailer and build a yurt complex, pay people to landscape and build for me, and take an actual vacation? meh, might as well get started. this is me, shutting off my computer :)