Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Colowy- I've got a nice hickory branch that will be a staff. Perfect weight for me to handle even.

Ohio- I'm good with a machete but a war axe might come in handy someday. A few lessons from Blood Axe Varmint Killer would be valuable. I'd have to feed your animals and milk your goats for a week in payment.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
Wildsky said:
colowyo0809 said:
ain't fair, you ain't got anything i'm shopping for :p
now if you can point me at the "tall, broad shouldered, nonpale intellectual nonfemale" boutique we got a deal! :D ;)
:gig You can look at my hubby - just don't tap on the glass! :gig
:he :he :he oooh, sorry, you said don't tap on the glass! my bad! :lol: :gig :lol: :gig
:hide Just smile and wave! :gig

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Colowy- I've got a nice hickory branch that will be a staff. Perfect weight for me to handle even.

Ohio- I'm good with a machete but a war axe might come in handy someday. A few lessons from Blood Axe Varmint Killer would be valuable. I'd have to feed your animals and milk your goats for a week in payment.
I've got a "premade" staff that actually isn't a bad weight and handles decently. My second ex fiance had this great idea to buy one for him and one for me so we could train ourselves :lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig we only "trained" with them twice, and the second time was after we had broken up. anyone want to guess on how it went? muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! *clears throat* i mean, i felt so bad for his thumb! :lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig

I do plan on making my own at some point, and, once I have more time, I plan on making my own bow as well. I'd like to teach myself to make a set of bows, one for hunting and one for practice, and a double set of arrows to go with.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Valgram - we aren't all bad, some of us are worse than others! :p

eggs4sale - thanks for the welcome and merry meet to you as well!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
daily update 4 self
I need to:
set up ledger books for myself and my partner to keep track of money - started
shave - done
do laundry - done
put lunch together for work
winterize the coop
dig a trench around the coop to lay the hardware cloth
move the "compost" from the old yard to the new one
put up wanted posts on craigslist and freecycle for leaves for mulch
put a second larger door on the brooder section of the coop
bring the "babies" out of the brooder and into the rest of the world
clean out the brooder and use that in the new garden area
buy flower bulbs for planting
buy topsoil for the new garden and flower beds
buy straw/hay for mulch
mow the back "yard" so it grows decently come spring
winterize the trailer
kick my partner in the arse so he'll buy/build a decent hutch or cages for the bunnies
start planning the gardens for 2011
plan out what birds we will be getting for 2011 (i want some turkeys, i wonder how they will freerange?) - discovered I want Bourbon Reds
Find someone nearby who has bouron reds I can purchase from them, don't want hatchery, unless i can get hatching eggs from someone
hunker down and start learning more about my spiritual beliefs (whats the point in having beliefs if you don't know anything about them? or practice anything with them?)
get off the computer! - did
add to this list as I think of more things!
goals for today
continue working on ledgers
play with houdini
make lunch
eat breakfast
cut up large bag of carrots so they will compost easier

lets see how well i do with today's goals :)

oooh, and a pic for today!

i had the door to the brooder propped open and was working in the coop and this little one decided to fly out and landed on my shoulder

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, eat breakfast just doesn't need to be on the "to do" list. :lol:

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
I'm sorry, eat breakfast just doesn't need to be on the "to do" list. :lol:
see, i can see where you would think that but, really, it did need to. i still hadn't had breakfast yet when I posted that list this morning :p

Blackbird, thats because lunch is the most important meal of the day. lunch gets you going til dinner and really, thats what matters most. lunch anchors your day. it's what the whole day swings around. otherwise, how do you know when your having dinner? how do you know when the middle time of your day is?