Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I will send pics. They are just about done molting and someone is laying...not sure who. Since my girls have had almost a MONTH OFF of laying, I am going to start putting a light in the coop for a couple hours a day. Vacation is over b!tches!!!

Try not to break anything for the next few days :D

:love to both of you during your move.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I broke a special keepsake while packing and sat in the middle of the floor and just cried rocking it back and forth. DH came home and thought I lost my marbles. I was snotty and a mess. He walked me to the shower and showered me, made love to me and put me to bed. He glued it back together and finished the packing in that room. Sigh. Moving is exhausting and overwhelming and taxing. I had to go threw my deceased brother's things and thought I would never get done. Its good to have someone who loves us to pick us up and put us back together and still love us when we sling our marbles around the room along with a few knick knacks. LOL. This too shall pass. You will soon be enjoying feathering a new nest and putting everything in its place.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Dude, I was whining on my thread. You're melting down. :lol: A week from now this will be a distant memory. :)
yeah, and P.Fox is having a worse time than either of us which just puts my meltdown into perspective

Wifezilla said:
I will send pics. They are just about done molting and someone is laying...not sure who. Since my girls have had almost a MONTH OFF of laying, I am going to start putting a light in the coop for a couple hours a day. Vacation is over b!tches!!!

Try not to break anything for the next few days :D

:love to both of you during your move.
*sigh* no promises :)

and that would be cool. SO will like seeing the pics too :)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
I broke a special keepsake while packing and sat in the middle of the floor and just cried rocking it back and forth. DH came home and thought I lost my marbles. I was snotty and a mess. He walked me to the shower and showered me, made love to me and put me to bed. He glued it back together and finished the packing in that room. Sigh. Moving is exhausting and overwhelming and taxing. I had to go threw my deceased brother's things and thought I would never get done. Its good to have someone who loves us to pick us up and put us back together and still love us when we sling our marbles around the room along with a few knick knacks. LOL. This too shall pass. You will soon be enjoying feathering a new nest and putting everything in its place.
Yeah, I figure since I'm the one being all whiney and b*tchy then I should probably make the first move :)

I'm over it, and on Sunday friends will be here for two days so that will be nice and lovely.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ive come to the conclusion that when your moving meltdowns are not only allowed but 100% expected!

*hugs*

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im working on thinning the junk we've collected and its not too bad since we are not moving on top of it. But its still spurred a few arguments.

"Why are you throwing that out? I was looking for it"
"no you weren't"
"yes I was, how do you know what I'm looking for"
" You're just saying that"

"why are you picking on me?'
" oh jeez" eye rolls.

Hmmm wonder if I can get nookie out of this?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
Im working on thinning the junk we've collected and its not too bad since we are not moving on top of it. But its still spurred a few arguments.

"Why are you throwing that out? I was looking for it"
"no you weren't"
"yes I was, how do you know what I'm looking for"
" You're just saying that"

"why are you picking on me?'
" oh jeez" eye rolls.

Hmmm wonder if I can get nookie out of this?
:lol: this sounds too familiar. If you can figure out how to get nookie from this situation- tell me how. I'd be having lots of fun.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol: you ladies are funny!

So we have two days left until we leave, and one day left until we pack the truck (I justify these counts by not counting the current day I am typing/talking and I don't count the day that the event, whatever it is, happens :D thus, us leaving on Tuesday means we have two days, sunday and monday, and one day til packing day, sunday :D )

I am in full packing mode today. The spare bedroom is fast filling with boxes. I have all of the dishes packed. All clothes are packed. All books, magazines, dvds, cds, movies, etc are packed. Almost all of the knicknacks are packed. Furniture is all gravitating towards one spot - the living room. Still need to take apart the computer desk and the computer, but I'm going to leave the computer for last :) This way we can have good music all day Sunday and Monday. And, J is coming down from Cheyenne to help me stay on track :D

:woot I'm back to being excited and not upset or nervous! The fracking weather isn't even bothering me now that I have the back door covered in wall hangings and the space heater going in the kitchen. We haven't turned on the furnace because it hasn't been winterized yet.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:hugs

The first time we moved from OR to KY, we had a vehicle breakdown and it took us 3 days to get through the state of KS in August heat with no air conditioning.

The second time we moved from KY to Birmingham, AL, my DH lost me in Knoxville. Neither of us had cell phones and he took a wrong exit and I was stuck behind a semi and didn't see him. It took 3 hours and a collect call to my mother to get us reconnected.

The third time we moved from B'ham to Montana, we had packed the trailer wrong and there was too much weight on the tongue. It wouldn't budge so we had to remove everything and repack it all. It cost us an extra day. Then the mattress we had lashed to the top was making the trailer go wonky. We were twenty miles down the road by this time so we stopped, cut the rope, left it in the ditch and drove on. We ended up only driving about 250 miles per day and it took us 11 days because we camped every night except one that we got a hotel. We ended up seeing an amazing lighting storm come over the badlands in the Dakotas.

The fourth time we moved from Montana to Spokane, we moved Thanksgiving weekend and there was a huge snowstorm. The passes were very icy, the snow was swirling and it was dark and we had to go 25 mph. It was about midnight by the time we pulled into Wallace and got a hotel. The next morning we were able to drive on safely.

The fifth time we moved from Spokane back to KY, my parents offered to help us with their horse trailer. My dad was convinced that everything wouldn't fit and DH was convinced it would. Then Dad was worried about being overloaded so we ended up leaving stuff behind. Important stuff that my DH still remembers and talks about.

Now we're prepping for our 6th move next summer...

And yes, we belly laugh about all of those other moves now!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
My sister's work gets GOOD boxes for moving. Once she is done moving (next 2-3 weeks) she's going to start collecting for me. Go little sister, being useful!

Latest posts