Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We pack the truck tomorrow. Tomorrow! I'm not ready!! I can't leave!!! Why am I moving? Moving to Kansas?!!? Away from the last bit of family/friends in my area?!!? am I insane ?!!!???!!!?!? FARK!!!!!

*sigh*

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It will be ok. You are opening a new chapter in the life with your closest family member. :hugs

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
Why am I moving? Moving to Kansas?!!? Away from the last bit of family/friends in my area?!!? am I insane ?!!!???!!!?!? FARK!!!!!

*sigh*
Because you want to drink in the beautiful sky of the prairie, start a fresh and a new in a great farming state to live in AND so you would be closer to me! ;) :p

You guys are going to love Kansas. I hope to move there myself someday.

flint%20hills%20ks.JPG

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
That was taken at the Long Grass Prairie National reserve near Cottonwood Falls, which is about 1 hour south of where you guys are moving to!

Chase State Fishing Lake and Wildlife area is just a bit further west, also in Cottonwood Falls area. We go there several times a year to camp (free camping!) and fish (stocked lake). Once you guys get moved and start exploring you are going to love the area. :cool: Right now you are just facing the unknown.

Chase%20Lake%20Cloud%20D1.JPG

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand. But that doesn't keep SO from being a royal major pain in my arse, or keep the estrogen from overwhelming the testosterone and pmsing queen making an appearance!!! *sigh* we just need to get through the rest of today, and leave on time tomorrow. We had the truck packed by 1130, which I kept saying would happen and people kept looking at me like i'm stupid. All that's left to take care of is some small things, and cleaning. People are coming back this evening to help with whatever cleaning is left and game playing. I need to get started cleaning but needed a short break. I didn't actually pack the truck at all, but that's ok because I'll be unpacking the truck tuesday and wednesday. :th :th

FF that is some purty pictures you got there. and all of you are right, it will be better.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs

it will all be OK. :) you will survive this move, and you'll fall in love with Kansas.

but check out cell phone plans there. When I went out to visit in Colorado, I travelled by greyhound. NO cell service AT ALL through Kansas! NONE. not one person on the bus could get a signal, either. It took a whole day to get through Kansas by bus, and by the time I had cell service again and was able to call home, DH was freaking out!