Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
:hugs
but check out cell phone plans there. When I went out to visit in Colorado, I travelled by greyhound. NO cell service AT ALL through Kansas! NONE. not one person on the bus could get a signal, either. It took a whole day to get through Kansas by bus, and by the time I had cell service again and was able to call home, DH was freaking out!
Yeah buddy! Remember 911 always works ... even when stuck - over axle deep - in the middle of a sandy river bed in the middle of the Cimarron National Grasslands where the nearest PERSON is about 10 miles away. Ask me how I know! :gig

You all should be fine cell wise from Topeka on. That is when you re-enter civilization. :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
your in my thoughts today as you go about your journey...safe and uneventufull travels :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
colowyo0809 - it's Wednesday night and hoping all is working out well for you!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol, thank you one and all for your well wishes and etc :)

We got here with no major problems, although Kansas is crazy!! That wind and construction was something else! But, we got here and got into the house yesterday, and then started walking through. I then went and grabbed my digital from the truck and started taking pictures of everything we wanted to have photo evidence of. *sigh* We are definitely getting what we pay for here. But, we did say that as a last resort we would stick it out in this house for a year and then find something different and that has definitely not changed. In fact, that has now gone from last resort to first option. I will post pics later, but it's definitely something else.
Got most of the truck unpacked yesterday afternoon/evening. It's funny, I kept saying I wanted to have the truck packed by noon on Monday, and we started packing the truck at about 9:30 Monday morning. We had it packed (all except the small things that are always left over at the end of a packing session) by 11:45 :) I unpacked a good portion of the truck yesterday late afternoon/early evening, and then spent roughly 45 minutes finishing unloading the truck today. We signed the lease today, it's a 13 month lease. I am going to start filling out the checkin/checkout checklist here in a couple minutes. Structurally this trailer is waay better than the one we left, and even cosmetically on the inside it is better. On first glance it looks perfect, but once you actually start looking you see where the problems lie. You can definitely tell that this was (and I am fully aware that this is going to come off sounding very stereotypical and whatnot, and is no comment on anyone here) definitely the home of people who were evicted. Not only were they evicted from the home for nonpayment, they were physically disconnected by the telephone/cable/internet company for nonpayment! I found that out from the TCI (like that abbreviation? :D ) company today when I went down to set it up. We won't have our service connected until next Wednesday because it was the first available time they had for someone to come out and physically hook it up! peh! We also saw SO's new store and it is very very pretty! So :woot :woot

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You made it! Maybe the house will look better to you once you have it all set up.