Come on Sufficient Self, lets push for an Animal and Garden section!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when can this be done? like tomorrow???? :p

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent discussion!!! We'll definitely be going with some of these great ideas!

daver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
YES! I'd love a section on;

Livestock
Vegetable gardening
Orchard
Bees
Composting
I am new here and hope that I have a voice. I like the topics that mrbstephens suggests. The topics pretty much cover the things that I am interested in.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
daver said:
mrbstephens said:
YES! I'd love a section on;

Livestock
Vegetable gardening
Orchard
Bees
Composting
I am new here and hope that I have a voice. I like the topics that mrbstephens suggests. The topics pretty much cover the things that I am interested in.
Yes! You have a voice here! :D I hadn't thought about beekeeping in this section, but that'd be great. I have a hive that was given to me, but I am clueless where to start.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For a start and from the perspective of a person who works on the behind the scenes. I tend to lean towards the addition of:

The Tool Shed
Homestead Gardening
Homestead Livestock

Why? Because there are enough posts in Misc to warrant it and going through several thousand posts to get them all reorganized into these catagories will take a huge commitment of volunteer time without splitting it even further for the moment.

We can always further spit as warranted dependent on post counts down the road.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree that it's necessary. We need a place where the first answer to our question is NOT "run down to the store and buy X supplement" or "call the vet" or "buy miracle grow". I need answers based on growing or concocting my own things.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a great place to start, and will help us all find threads more easily! Thanks for your willingness to do this, and for the time that will be put in to make it happen :)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
kstaven said:
I tend to lean towards the addition of:

The Tool Shed
Homestead Gardening
Homestead Livestock
I tend to agree with this. The general category of 'livestock' is probably also good because not all livestock is purposed for eating. Fiber animals are often not eaten at all :)
I am really looking forward to these new categories because these are things I want to learn about too!