Commercial Popcorn

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I guess without a long term study of ill effects of garbage human food on birds, lol, we will never know
I laught at myself about that exact same thing ALL THE TIME!! While I'm stuffing myself on chips or cookies or Rollo's or :pop or whatever I would never dream of giving such things to my dogs or chickens! It's so bad for them! :sick

:lol:

Cassandra

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I detest microwave popcorn, it really tastes horrible to me. I refuse to buy it except for when dh works at the gin over night, he likes it to snack on & help keep him warm he says. I have a stovetop crank popper from back to basics & it tastes like real popcorn to me.

I would string it or make popcorn balls, you can make colored ones by adding a box of jello to the mixture.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow I didn't know that to make colored ones...COOL!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Cassandra
isn't it horrible. what junk we eat and we wouldn't feed it to our animals...I guess they have no say really in what they choose..HA HA HA
I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been feeding popcorn to my chickens for several years. They like a warm treat on a cold winter morning.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
wow I didn't know that to make colored ones...COOL!
My ex hubby loved them & his mom taught me how to make them, just add a small box of what ever color & flavor gelatin to the mixture & mix them up. Although they don't add a strong flavor they are flavored a bit.

Another use for Jell-o now!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea cause jello being a stainer ya know....I made it in some plastic type bowls and they were stained red from the jello...LOL...know not to do that again..HA HA
in a pinch it is a great coloring if you have it on hand, and I sure do always have jello on hand. great for the waistline..LOL

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We use an air popper :) The pot kind is just too oily, but we do every winter make popcorn garlands for the christmas tree... maybe an idea?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Try spraying the container with cooking spray before putting the jell-o in it. I have read it is supposed to stop the stains.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no kidding HM
that is a great tip...I sure didn't know that! thanks

Latest posts