Commercial Popcorn

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The light guage WhirlyPop type poppers require very little oil, heat up quickly and leave very little unpopped kernels if used properly. Popcorn that is very tender, not greasy and fast on the oven top is great! You can still buy this type of popper from Layman's and I'm sure from other places. My original one lasted about 15 years before the boys could accomplish tearing it up...my sainted mother bought me a new one this year! :D

BTW, dogs absolutely LOVE stale, popped popcorn....even our cat loves it!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Your welcome Karen. It is supposed to work on all plastic that will have anything stainable put into it.

Beekissed that is the type of popper I use, actually I have 2 1 for the house & 1 for the travel trailer(up north). It is not oily until I put the butter on it!! :love I got some coconut oil & used it to make the last few batches of popcorn & umm umm ummmmm! :pop :thumbsup

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
HM! :lol:

We season ours with Nature's Seasons, Creole seasoning, garlic salt and nutritional yeast, which gives it a buttery, cheesy flavor that is darn near addictive! No oily things on our popcorn! :p

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We don't care for a cheese flavor to our popcorn & dh wants lots of butter on his! So ours is oily, oh well to each his own right? At least it is real butter & not plastic molecules! :barnie

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the more butter the better
oil me up!!

the more cheese flavor the better
load it up!!

anyway in this world popcorn is delish! :)
HA HA HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL
yea popcorn talk is addictive!
YUMMO!

sclanimals

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Air popped is the only way to go IMO I can eat huge bowls of it! Lots of butter and Real Salt! Oh baby!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I agree!! No such thing as to much butter or cheese powder!! My mom used to pick me up cheese powder from the Amish bulk store all the time when she used to work a few miles from it! I will have to see when she is going back out that way again so she can get me more!