Cornish Cross Spring 2020

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The only thing is that since you raise them like you do @baymule , the white meat really isn't "all the mush",,,, sure it isn't as good as the dark meat or as juicy, but it isn't as tasteless as the store bought kind.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The last 10 are on ice and will be processed today. We have things to do the rest of the week, so will put the offal in the freezer. I have a lot of broth and dog food canning ahead of me.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The last 10 are on ice and will be processed today. We have things to do the rest of the week, so will put the offal in the freezer. I have a lot of broth and dog food canning ahead of me.

Bay, congratulations on a meat project well done and finished...for now. What a wonderful thing to have on hand all winter!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Boom! Done! I have a LOT of canning to do, broth to make and can, back pieces, necks and such to can for the dogs.

I still have to do my cost analysis to do. I feel like a dog chasing her tail, I just can’t catch up. LOL

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Boom! Done! I have a LOT of canning to do, broth to make and can, back pieces, necks and such to can for the dogs.

I still have to do my cost analysis to do. I feel like a dog chasing her tail, I just can’t catch up. LOL
How much is your feed?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No I don’t grind it, I pre cook, then put it in jars and can. When DH mixes it with their kibble, he takes out the few big bones.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

that's why i like winter here. gives me a chance to unwind and figure out what else is going on. :)

Latest posts