Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Ok stupid question... If they know the antibody to test for that tells them you already had Chinese COVID-19. Why don't they just produce the antibody into an antibiotic. For people to take if they come down with the Kung Flu and are experiencing difficulties?

Or a better question... Do we already have the antibody in a antibiotic already?

Sorry to ask the obvious... but sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Antibodies are not antibiotics. Not even really related other than the root words.

Antibiotics work to kill Bacteria.

Antibodies are blood cells that have specialized to kill foreign invaders and gained from having a disease or from getting a vaccination.

Now in the early days of vaccination, they would seperate the blood of disease survivors with a centrifuge and use the yellowish layer as a vaccine for those who hadn't had the disease. Horses were used for much of this historically for diseases like diphtheria.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So true. Sadly, many items are made so poorly they are not worth buying.

The coronavirus....
Articles tell you prepare for 2 weeks. LOL, that's incubation so they are saying wait to re-expose? Well, I have enough of everything here for months! I have a good supply of elderberry juice that I now consume each day. I don't intend to stay penned up. I do plan to use common sense about where I go and the hand washing, face touching, door knobs, steering wheels, etc. I always have sanitizing wipes in my truck & car....plus rubber gloves, paper cups, napkins, ropes, leadlines, buckets, blankets, clean rags, basic tools, jugs of water, jumper cables, etc. It's me. Work & years of animal care have me prepared for unexpected things.

It's a rampant, severe flu virus that takes over quickly on weak immune systems. I try to stay away from crowds. But my work is in stores. Protocol for food demos means a LOT of sanitizing, often & gloves always. In stores where I am in an aisle doing resets, I spray the area with Lysol. Kills many germs! Good stuff. Yes, I can wear gloves.

So, for me, it's caution and good practices. Stock up on necessities isn't needed, I'm there. Don't panic. If you need prescription meds, yes, be sure to stock up.

Animal feeds would be my only "watch" supplies on hand. But a feed store isn't crowed like the grocery lines. Most feed isn't perishable quickly. I'm normally good for 2-3 weeks supply anyway. LOL. :idunno
Its good to know that there are still people that know how to really prepare for these situations, Were not suppose to just wait for the government to do their part right?

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The numbers have been so low in my state, that people are starting to get complacent at best, and aggravated at worst. Many seem to be calling for an exit strategy and parents are asking for playgrounds to be opened first. The premier seems to be keeping his head and the restrictions, which is good news for us and I hope the regional boundaries stay in place a while longer, at least until school goes back. Planes have been returning with aussies who were trapped overseas, the reports said one plane was entirely filled with Covid19 confirmed patients.

It could still very easily get out of control here, there are a lot of people who don't look outside of our country and have no idea how it is ravaging other places. Others are more aware and praising the protocol. We have been lucky to get off lightly, although there is still potential for mass outbreak. Especially if people start to relax the rules.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The numbers have been so low in my state, that people are starting to get complacent at best, and aggravated at worst. Many seem to be calling for an exit strategy and parents are asking for playgrounds to be opened first. The premier seems to be keeping his head and the restrictions, which is good news for us and I hope the regional boundaries stay in place a while longer, at least until school goes back. Planes have been returning with aussies who were trapped overseas, the reports said one plane was entirely filled with Covid19 confirmed patients.

It could still very easily get out of control here, there are a lot of people who don't look outside of our country and have no idea how it is ravaging other places. Others are more aware and praising the protocol. We have been lucky to get off lightly, although there is still potential for mass outbreak. Especially if people start to relax the rules.

I want all my freedoms back! When I say all, I mean all. It's one of the very rare times you will see me use the word all, in a sentence.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.