Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm close to VA Beach -- tourists, beaches????? With our large populations of military, shipbuilding, etc. Geesh. A place waiting to happen. It may help that the HEAT at the beaches can kill the virus but, with a steady flow coming in it's going to be an issue. People are tired of being on lockdown, so any release will create a "flow" of people everywhere.

I don't go into that area, hardly ever. (60 miles) Sure won't now.

Hoping a vaccine happens fast.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are already having the influx of people from other areas - our area is good fishing. But, I don't care if you only drove up from an hour away, you are still not AT HOME! Our county is now at 2 cases. An hour away they are at 48 cases and 2 deaths. Many of the trucks at the boat launch were from Chicago and Milwaukee - the police checked the licence plates! So now, all the boat launches are closed so no-one can launch a boat.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't actually care so much about "where" this came from but, sad that it did! My personal life has not (at this time) been severely affected but, the world around me has been. I'm ready for it to go away. Would be nice if it was that simple. Sigh!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lots of other "plagues" projected as a result of this: worldwide recession or even depression, increased rates of depression, suicide, substance abuse of all types, child and spousal abuse rates... Not to mention other "opportunistic" diseases because of exhausted immune systems

Status
Not open for further replies.