Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bee. I agree with you on that. But it is a tragedy that our health care workers are working without proper PPE. We are not in a war zone. There is no excuse for not being prepared and taking care of the very people that take care of us.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How long does it take to educate a doctor, an anesthesiologist, or even a nurse? If they are getting sick and dying who is left to take care of the millions of sick folks? A lot of our medical folks have underlying health issues themselves that make them more vulnerable. Nobody said they shouldn't, and aren't, taking care of the sick. The article is about resuscitating someone who is already well into the dying process.

I agree that they are heroes. But, they are heroes that we need alive and able to continue to do heroic work.

there was a short blurb on the news just now showing cars lined up for miles to get food from a food bank.

I saw a story about San Antonio having a response like that.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Braved Costco today. Got the stuff that was needed. Still no TP, but was able to get baby wipes which hubby needs at the moment for ease of use with only one working arm. I always check on the TP to see. Canned veggies are still nonexistent there.

Limited access to store. Set amount in at a time. No more than 2 people per card. Got to see a 7 person family turned away. They threw a fit and stormed back to their vehicle.

Got Chick-fil-A drive-through for lunch. First fast food I've had in 3 weeks. We couldn't finish the large fries we shared with our sandwiches so that's a good sign. The plus side of hubby not having fast food access is we've been eating less, healthier, and spending less. He can never eat a lot of it again because of the risk for another stroke. That drove home what all my nagging couldn't. He's slowly getting use back. Fine motor control is still limited.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Braved Costco today. Got the stuff that was needed. Still no TP, but was able to get baby wipes which hubby needs at the moment for ease of use with only one working arm. I always check on the TP to see. Canned veggies are still nonexistent there.

Limited access to store. Set amount in at a time. No more than 2 people per card. Got to see a 7 person family turned away. They threw a fit and stormed back to their vehicle.

Got Chick-fil-A drive-through for lunch. First fast food I've had in 3 weeks. We couldn't finish the large fries we shared with our sandwiches so that's a good sign. The plus side of hubby not having fast food access is we've been eating less, healthier, and spending less. He can never eat a lot of it again because of the risk for another stroke. That drove home what all my nagging couldn't. He's slowly getting use back. Fine motor control is still limited.
I am so glad that your husband is improving. A healthier lifestyle will make him feel even better.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I recently got seeds from Gurneys. But so far only half of the order was delivered. Still waiting on the rest of it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bee. I agree with you on that. But it is a tragedy that our health care workers are working without proper PPE. We are not in a war zone. There is no excuse for not being prepared and taking care of the very people that take care of us.

Bay I think you'll find out eventually why there was a shortage of PPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.