Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really don't understand why the blame is on china, Well yeah it started there, It's not from the Chinese directly. right?
As far as they can tell, the virus started in the area of an open air/wet market near Wuhen, China. Wet meaning live animals are dispatched on-site. One of the things sold at this market is bats - for bat soup. The virus seems to have originated from a bat - it jumped species to become a human virus.

I don't believe it is Chinese - as in a person, as much as it is China the government that the blame is aimed at.

I read an article on-line (it was on the internet so it must be true, right? 😉) It was about a Chinese research scientist who is the "authority" on bat viruses that works at a research lab about 3 miles from this open-air market in China. He has been studying bats for 20 years I think. He has identified over 40 viruses that bats can carry, specifically one virus that is like the one we are facing now. Could this virus have originated from the research lab and been accidentally passed to people at the market, or people buying bats get the virus directly from them? It would be reasonable to think a lab worker was exposed without knowing it and spread it when they shopped at the market.
There has been little to no information offered up by the Chinese government regarding this virus.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a job, a garden, my own "dairy", chickens, eggs, a full freezer & panty, plenty of TP, what's not to like -- other than everyone else staying home. Actually, that isn't too bad either :D Plus I found a store with yeast today.

AND my DD got her stimulus $$ in her bank today. We oldies who get SS will be made to wait until around the first of May. Heck, it's fricken lovely.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
feed stores still have seeds. time to plant more stuff!
20200415_152349.jpg

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This has not been proven. Even if it was transmission from a virology lab, that doesn't make it engineered or weaponized. We don't know and probably never will.

the epoch times did a report on it recently. there's a Chinese scientist who has been posting papers on making bat corona virus work on people for about 20 years. idk watch it for yourself and make your own decision. at this point I doubt nothing. but I'm not concerned either. nothing I can do anyhow.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Power to the people

“Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people,”

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My CFO (wife) informed me the govt deposited stimulation money in the bank account today. She moved the pile of cash into the savings account. I didn't need it, I haven't missed a day of work since New year's, so we got enough to stimulate who we want to. But it:s ok, I guess the saving account grew a little more today. You can be rest assured though... I won't use any of my govt stimulation to stimulate anything that's made in China!

Last edited:

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
people buying bats get the virus directly from them?

It is more likely that another animal caught it from the bat, which then passed it on to humans. Much like the HENDRA virus in Australia which has a much higher death rate. It passes from fruit bat to horses then to humans (and dogs). Bats carry hundreds of diseases but many cant be passed directly from bat to person, they have to mutate.

I haven't seen any of the news today, but have seen twitter in a prime minister hating frenzy, so I guess he has said something today. I cant understand why aussies are so mad at the PM when in comparison to other countries, we got off lightly.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is more likely that another animal caught it from the bat, which then passed it on to humans. Much like the HENDRA virus in Australia which has a much higher death rate. It passes from fruit bat to horses then to humans (and dogs). Bats carry hundreds of diseases but many cant be passed directly from bat to person, they have to mutate.

I haven't seen any of the news today, but have seen twitter in a prime minister hating frenzy, so I guess he has said something today. I cant understand why aussies are so mad at the PM when in comparison to other countries, we got off lightly.

Actually I think you'll learn the virus origin, pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.