Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we are still on house arrest here, the last county in Oregon. just on a hunch I called our dog's groomer, and she can have her spa day. Drop off and pick up outside the premises because, you know, that way there won't be any viral particles on her fur coming or going. I'm tempted to ask her if she could give me a poodle cut because hair salons are still closed.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Warren Buffett, "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

*Congressional Reform Act of 2019*

1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 7/1/19. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term's), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!! If you agree with the above, pass it on.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really like DH's new doctor (actually, he's a nurse practitioner). He is fully on board about keto, and intermittent fasting. He advised DH to take at least a pinch of celtic sea salt every day for the trace minerals. He believes that as DH continues to lose weight and keep it off his thyroid function will improve and he will be able to get off of the thyroid medication, and has already taken him off the gout medication and reduced the statin drug by half. This man understands that good nutrition and exercise will do more for your overall health than any drug; he only uses them as a "stop gap"
Hurray for someone with some common sense. Boy, I wish the NP I now have, since I needed a primary care physician to have listed when I was planning this surgery, and for the "spell" that I had since my chiropractor is not a pc.... wish she was into "being healthy" first with drugs as a stop gap....

Good for you guys for finding someone like that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some Illinois churches held services Sunday in defiance of Gov. J.B. Pritzker's coronavirus orders limiting worship services to 10 people.

Elim Romanian Pentecostal Church and Logos Baptist Ministries, both represented by Liberty Counsel, had filed a federal lawsuit Friday arguing that limiting churches' attendance is unconstitutional, and pointing out that liquor stores, marijuana dispensaries and supercenters are allowed to accommodate large crowds.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I chose my NP, I did so because of what she wrote as a description - wanting to use more natural, common sense practices over pushing pills. However, the first thing she does is offer a perscription for any of my health problems. And I don't feel like she is listening to what I am saying.
She sees my high blood pressure and wants me to take a pill, but she doesn't listen when I say I am not sleeping well (which can cause high blood pressure), I am obese (which can cause high blood pressure), I snore horribly (I think I need a sleep study), and other issues that I need to get addressed.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.