Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I need to find a good country doctor. I had my Well Woman exam yesterday. Doctor was really pushing the vaccination. Wasn't listening to what I had to say. Frustrating!
Yes, you need to find another one. My doc walked in the room and said, "Hey...you don't have to put those back on!" as we hurried to put on our face shields we had taken off while we waited. The only time he mentioned the vaccine was to discuss how many people had died or otherwise come down with lethal illnesses after having it. He called it a big experiment....as in all of us are the lab rats. Love our doc!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, I think West Virginia might be a tad too far for us. ;)
NAwwwwwwww! You could stay with us! We only see the doc every 6 mo. here, so if you are the same, it would make a great trip in the early spring and again in the fall. We travel 4 hrs one way to get to the right dentist! :D

Though TX IS a tad far..... :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Once a year for us! Springtime would be great. We could help with the lambing and Ken and Eli can be busy on projects.
You have NO idea how lovely that sounds, Miss Lisa!!!!! :love Except now we are trying for fall lambing and fall is stunning in WV, so that would be good too!

I have a feeling Eli would LOVE Ken.....so much knowledge to impart on all the things Eli loves to do!! He has to put up with an old lady whose mind doesn't even GO there when he talks about how to build or make something, so he gets frustrated when I can't "see" it. :D I'm just the ideas guy, not the creator guy....er....gal.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep, a good doc is a rarity these days. I can honestly say that I've not had a good one for more than 2 decades. By the time I get one just started on being broken in (ie: seen them more than once) they leave the office to go work some where else. And, I can say that I've NEVER had a doc that has my view on how medical care should be delivered. Translation: they can't make enough money off me.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My last doctor retired when obama came into position. She said there was no way she was staying with him there. She was a good down-to-earth doctor. I agree, they are hard to find.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven’t had a doctor at all for years. Maybe 20? “My” doctor retired, sold his practice and even though I liked his replacement, I just wasn’t sick, so why go? The last time I went, they had to search the archives to find my record in a manila folder. :lol: I got sick since we moved here, I dunno, maybe 4 years ago and I went to a clinic. For $240 I was told I was sick, I already knew that, and given a prescription that cost another $40. A couple of years ago I got sick again and went to the feed store for a $26 bottle of fish mox. Eh

Status
Not open for further replies.