Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No one listens to Trump outside of the USA lol. He's a worldwide joke to most.

This is the tweet I was talking about, the same treatment as mentioned, from a French study being warned against by a doctor in the Philippines.

This side effect is worth the risk for chronic pain and psychiatric patients, but not for covid 19 patients? People shouldn't be taking any drug that isn't prescribed and monitored anyway - but I guess that depends on the country.

We can not access medications like this in countries with universal health care - they are restricted and only available via prescription.

I hope the scientists can find a suitable treatment for those who want it. Whatever Italy is doing now does not seem like the correct treatment.

Report was from Nigeria. My news aggregate group was wondering why the hell are they listening to him?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Socialized Medical, so sad :(

You don't think that isn't happening here?? Years back when I was working hospice our office got a letter concerning Medicare patients and how Medicare was discouraging aggressive treatment/surgeries/etc for people over 75 yrs of age~that was all good news for hospice, as it would mean more business for them.

We didn't think much about it until we started seeing it in action. I had to fight tooth and nail to get Mom a surgery she desperately needed....she has no other health problems at all except this one issue but they kept saying it was just too risky of a surgery "at her age". They kept trying to act like she was very feeble and frail, but couldn't legally document such a thing as she was obviously more spry than most of the people working there half her age. They reluctantly let her have the surgery after all their tests came back negative for any high risk of surgery, but I still had to twist a nipple to get it for her even then....told them I'd go to their competitor~Ohio University~ and tell them that Cleveland Clinic didn't feel confident enough in the skill of their surgeons to insure success of the procedure.

Had to fight to get Dad a consult and surgery to fix a broken kneecap....he has dementia and is 88 yrs old, but otherwise very physically healthy. They didn't feel it necessary to fix it and now he's no longer able to walk~used to walk constantly all day long before that~and is chair bound because by the time they dilly dallied enough, it was too late to do the surgery.

My uncle has a laundry list of issues but they have not treated a single one. This man is living alone, still very active and healthy in most regards~does push ups and set ups each day, hunts, etc.~ with excellent insurance, but has some GI and circulatory issues that cause him some discomfort~needs some BP meds and enzymes....they aren't even giving him meds for those. Wouldn't tell him why, just said they didn't want to treat those issues.

All three are over 80 yrs of age and not enfeebled physically but no one wants to maintain their health for them....they have outlived their normal span of life here and look to live many more years to come, which seems to be highly discouraged. All have Medicare and a good secondary insurance, but it doesn't matter....they have outlived their usefulness here. Yes, these people who fought for our freedom, built the nation, are now our most expendable commodity.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Treating this like the 1918 Spanish flu seems best. That had a 2% death rate and that's probably closer to what this is than anything. We didn't need another respiratory virus killing people on top of the flu.

I'm sorry Beekissed. West Virginia had it's head in the sand and refused testing for Covid-19 for the longest time. Never ever accept a diagnosis without testing. Good on you DIL to keep insisting

I'm not a bit sorry they refused testing and I don't think it was a head in the sand move at all....we were the last to have cases and only have had 5 thus far in the whole state, all travel related~all those people are just staying home and treating it at home~so not the big booger bear everyone supposes if you can stay home and treat it like the common cold, is it? And that's just it....they are telling about a mountain that is truly just a molehill.

I think testing should only be done for those presenting to the hospitals in true respiratory distress and with a fever~and ONLY those people~my DIL is pregnant and due next month, so they took her case a little more seriously but I can tell you she's a hypochondriac, was not truly in respiratory distress(she called me on the phone to ask if she should go to the ER and wasn't short of breath at all when talking to me at length about it) and she was insisting on the test because she loves her fears and phobias, loves the attention she receives by having them and would have dearly loved to have been the first confirmed case in WV....truly.

Offering testing to all and sundry creates a panic situation that clogs the health care system for those in true need.

I also think those tests should have to be repeated and confirmed by more than one lab before being reported to the CDC as a "confirmed" case.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A local store (20 minutes away) was charging $19.00 or so for three pounds of ground beef...

Price gouging... I don't understand greed.

Locally, 93% lean ground beef is $5.99 a lb +/-. plus Tax. That's right at $19. This doesn't sound like gouging, just expensive. I have only seen overpricing here with people who bought to RESELL...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Locally, 93% lean ground beef is $5.99 a lb +/-. plus Tax. That right at $19. This doesn't sound like gouging, just expensive. I have only seen overpricing here with people who bought to RESELL...
Beef farmers will be ecstatic....beef prices have been in the toilet for awhile.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beef farmers will be ecstatic....beef prices have been in the toilet for awhile.
It's not impacting the farmer. Kentucky cattle prices fell by 20-30% this week in the economic aftermath. Sadly, very little of the cash spent in the store goes back to the farmer.

This was not 93% lean beef either....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You don't think that isn't happening here?? Years back when I was working hospice our office got a letter concerning Medicare patients and how Medicare was discouraging aggressive treatment/surgeries/etc for people over 75 yrs of age~that was all good news for hospice, as it would mean more business for them.

We didn't think much about it until we started seeing it in action. I had to fight tooth and nail to get Mom a surgery she desperately needed....she has no other health problems at all except this one issue but they kept saying it was just too risky of a surgery "at her age". They kept trying to act like she was very feeble and frail, but couldn't legally document such a thing as she was obviously more spry than most of the people working there half her age. They reluctantly let her have the surgery after all their tests came back negative for any high risk of surgery, but I still had to twist a nipple to get it for her even then....told them I'd go to their competitor~Ohio University~ and tell them that Cleveland Clinic didn't feel confident enough in the skill of their surgeons to insure success of the procedure.

Had to fight to get Dad a consult and surgery to fix a broken kneecap....he has dementia and is 88 yrs old, but otherwise very physically healthy. They didn't feel it necessary to fix it and now he's no longer able to walk~used to walk constantly all day long before that~and is chair bound because by the time they dilly dallied enough, it was too late to do the surgery.

My uncle has a laundry list of issues but they have not treated a single one. This man is living alone, still very active and healthy in most regards~does push ups and set ups each day, hunts, etc.~ with excellent insurance, but has some GI and circulatory issues that cause him some discomfort~needs some BP meds and enzymes....they aren't even giving him meds for those. Wouldn't tell him why, just said they didn't want to treat those issues.

All three are over 80 yrs of age and not enfeebled physically but no one wants to maintain their health for them....they have outlived their normal span of life here and look to live many more years to come, which seems to be highly discouraged. All have Medicare and a good secondary insurance, but it doesn't matter....they have outlived their usefulness here. Yes, these people who fought for our freedom, built the nation, are now our most expendable commodity.

I expressed my beliefs and you just validated them. Like so many others, like you have.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Folks don't want to believe it and I was in disbelief as well....but the evidence mounts up. Euthanasia is already legal in some countries and that's going to make its way here as well.
Al Mohler, President of Southern Seminary, refers to it as the culture of death. Euthanasia will be legal here before too long.

This is what scares me the most about my grandmother. They would refuse her care, and leave her to die if she got this virus. I don't see how that is ethical at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts