Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Al Mohler, President of Southern Seminary, refers to it as the culture of death. Euthanasia will be legal here before too long.

This is what scares me the most about my grandmother. They would refuse her care, and leave her to die if she got this virus. I don't see how that is ethical at all.

These are perilous times and the love of many shall wax cold...but we know how it ends, don't we? Our side wins!

Be anxious for nothing, BB.... :hugs Phil. 4: 4-10

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well back to regularly scheduled programming...

Quarts of cherry smoked, pulled pork butts, going in the pressure canner for 90 minutes :)

IMG_20200322_165938497.jpg

IMG_20200322_173504092.jpg

Last edited:

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just got back from archery practice at one of the local hunting and camp supplies shops. They've put up signs now for ammo limits and the archery stuff is surprisingly empty. Could actually see the gun counter today, something that hasnt been possible in the last 3 week(end)s

The closest walmarts still sold out on all pasta, tp, beans, canned veggies/beans/fruit. Starting to see Ssorted otc medicines, blood testing strips and candles all sell out now too :/ dollar tree had napkins for the first time ages it feels like though.

Anyone else seeing stuff making a comeback anywhere yet or still crazy buying?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
During the week the Fred Meyers here had paper towels, some water, and some TP. It's gone again. Bread has been mostly in stock during week and today.

The frozen veggies I wanted hadnt been restocked during the week but they had a lot of stuff back in today so I got the things I wanted.

Cash and Carry (restaurant supply) had meat again even if not full. They also have sugar, onions, and some potatoes.

I got the potatoes I was looking for. 50 pound box will probably last a month and a half. We eat a lot of potatoes when hubby will eat what I cook. He likes eating out too much but this will be good for his diet. I grew up with having potatoes at every meal except breakfast as there was cereal or oatmeal for that. My parents still go through about 6 boxes of potatoes a year. They last until May if she gets them in September. 50 lb boxes from great uncle. Potatoes being free or cheap are good. All my family eats lots of potatoes. We were skinny, healthy people when we ate potatoes at home with veggies and a bit of meat.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No one listens to Trump outside of the USA lol. He's a worldwide joke to most.

This is the tweet I was talking about, the same treatment as mentioned, from a French study being warned against by a doctor in the Philippines.

This side effect is worth the risk for chronic pain and psychiatric patients, but not for covid 19 patients? People shouldn't be taking any drug that isn't prescribed and monitored anyway - but I guess that depends on the country.

We can not access medications like this in countries with universal health care - they are restricted and only available via prescription.

I hope the scientists can find a suitable treatment for those who want it. Whatever Italy is doing now does not seem like the correct treatment.

I trust twitter so much I don't even have an account, same with spacebook. But of course you need to follow your doctors advise and that's why chloroquine is available only by prescription in the USA.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing stuff making a comeback anywhere yet or still crazy buying?

We aren't seeing the shortages around here like everyone else is having....TP is always bought out, but all other paper products seem fine. DG has everything but TP, so most of my regular things I need I just stop in there. We stay stocked up on TP, so hasn't been a hardship even with the shortage.

All other things are pretty much available...that first panic buying has died down and things are restocking as per normal.

Saw folks standing three deep around the gun counter at Rural King today.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There has been panic buying of poultry from the feed stores around here. They cant keep chicks in for a day. Making it hard for people that keep chickens and just add a few each year to keep up production. I prefer to get in the fall, but I may get fed up and buy a new ameraucana rooster and hatch more layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts