Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The thing I couldn't help thinking while reading this is that we humans have short memories. This is not the first, nor the last, pandemic or other "world shaking" event to have ever happened. Eventually, the new generations become complacent again, and the whole cycle will start over.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Exactly and I still have vivid memories of the dreaded needle gun in elementary school that each and everyone of us got for polio and a bunch of other vaccines combined in one blast of the gun.

Then in gym class the gym teacher and nurse checking everyone's arm for over a week and writing on a clipboard.

I still have the faint outline of the scar that gun gave me and everyone else. Could you just imagine that happening today? OMG, the libs heads would explode. But back then I think just about every living human being on Earth got the needle gun. Today some people can't even trust the president of the United States let alone a agency of the US Government like the FDA who approved and orchestrated the needle gun globally. People's memories are short alright and it's very sad they are ungrateful also.

Last edited:

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just got back from my arvo walk and saw children at the park playing these -

1584962709245.png

Running full pelt at each other :lol:

More regulations here today. The pub has shut, but the lights were on, so I assume they are doing takeaway. My neighbour opens his house when the pub is shut and as I went walking today I saw it was the case again. The pub gave him a work shirt a few years ago so he puts it on and hosts the people who usually go daily whenever the pub owners are away or closed. He is over 70 with aspestoesis so its a worry but I think he would rather die than give up his 4pm beer. This is a very, very small town so as long as it doesn't get IN town it should be safe for a while.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I called the Feed store to see if they are open. I was getting concerned over raising 50 Cornish Cross chicks to slaughter size, and the two feeder pigs we have. She assured me that they have plenty of Feed, there is plenty of supply at the mill. Also, Feed stores are declared essential and are staying OPEN. I’m posting this in case anyone else is wondering or worried about their animals.

That said, we are stock piling a little more than we usually keep, just to give ourselves a little leeway.

We have more than a months worth of dog food. We are making a feed purchase tomorrow and will get 5-6 weeks of Feed for the Sheep and horses. If need be, we can stretch it out and feed them more hay. Winter grass is good right now but won’t last long when it gets hot. Summer grass remains to be seen.

We are stocked in for ourselves and should have a good garden, so no worries about ourselves.

Call your feed store, maybe keep a little more on hand than usual to give you peace of mind.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Many of us are gardeners. Think about your neighbors, friends and family. Think about people who are now unemployed and who will be short of enough food to eat. Plant extra for these people. The assisted living facility where I have gone to work is having a hard time finding enough food to plan 3 meals a day for the residents. I will plant extra squash, green beans and other vegetables to help out.

Think about homeless shelters and any other place you can think of where there is a need. If as many of us as possible pitch in to help our communities, we can accomplish a great deal. Together, we can do this.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The closest food pantry encourages gardeners to plant a row for them. I'll likely have a lot of squash this year planting where the chickens were. I'm not planning on more than 6 or 8 plants. Lots of peas and beans are going in. Sweetcorn as well.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ive taken that sucker enough times because of side bacterial infections with bronchitis. It is a penicillin derivative. I dont know the dose. I do know I have to take a female antifungal after it screws up my body.
Hmm I haven't had actual bronchitis since moving back to this coast. I didn't realize that until now.
Is it drier there?

500mg twice a day 10 days. yes it's a penicillin derivative

I cant take penicillin, I tend to turn blue and stop breathing :( I'll just have to keep seeing a dr, or have a friend go to mexico to grab the otc bottle that's ok to take whenever the border opens back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts