Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just read an article that they now think the masks will help with slowing the community spread of the virus... but don't hoard them because our medical personnel who are treating the infected need them!! Doctors and nurses who have been treating the COVID-19 patients have been getting sick and dying also.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm doing a deep clean/bleach of everything I can think of. My thoughts are that **IF** it is in my house already, I want to get rid of it to eliminate ongoing exposure from whatever has already been dragged in.

DH and I have been in separate bedrooms, so I bleached his, floor-to-ceiling fan, took down the drapes to wash, took plastic off the windows and air it out. Quarantined the desk - a rolltop desk so I locked it and took the key. :gig Just for 3 days, thankfully the virus doesn't survive on surfaces for long. DH's bedroom is done except for bedding that is going through machines.

I'm so annoyed. DH has been feeling like he is getting a cold the last couple days. My lungs don't feel quite right, but I'm not sick". :frustration: Could be a cold... might not be a cold. How frustrating!

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Stay safe everyone!

People are starting to lose the plot here. They were all for "full lockdown" until the regions shut their boarders on tuesday and no one can go on easter holidays anymore. Now the conspiracies have started. Sorta entertaining to read them from my safety of my little town.

The stats for my state - 15,103 tested negative, 392 positive, 2 deaths, 64 recovered.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm doing a deep clean/bleach of everything I can think of. My thoughts are that **IF** it is in my house already, I want to get rid of it to eliminate ongoing exposure from whatever has already been dragged in.

DH and I have been in separate bedrooms, so I bleached his, floor-to-ceiling fan, took down the drapes to wash, took plastic off the windows and air it out. Quarantined the desk - a rolltop desk so I locked it and took the key. :gig Just for 3 days, thankfully the virus doesn't survive on surfaces for long. DH's bedroom is done except for bedding that is going through machines.

I'm so annoyed. DH has been feeling like he is getting a cold the last couple days. My lungs don't feel quite right, but I'm not sick". :frustration: Could be a cold... might not be a cold. How frustrating!

Do you have the ability to get tested?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a guy I know is waiting on test results. he should have them in 2 days. if he tests positive ill most likely be getting a call from the cdc. until then we are self quarantined.

I'm not sure if I told u guys but he got his test results and it was negative. I found this out while I was on my little "vacation"

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to hear that he was negative. one less thing for you to stress about.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The stats for my state - 15,103 tested negative, 392 positive, 2 deaths, 64 recovered.

So another 326 who were positive are still in sick bay?? Otherwise, it would appear that 390 recovered. Right? Huge percentage.

Same with figs that say "150,000 recovered". Just how many were actually carrying the virus and were NOT tested? 3M? So most of them recovered, also. Not saying this isn't severe virus, just that the numbers are often skewed. Now, I don't question body counts....just don't see recovery numbers being accurate without prior testing.

Anyway -- at least one person is positive in my little town. I know because my DGD got a call from HR department at the WM she works, advising her of exposure to a positive tested co-worker. So a 2 week off and in quarantine (with pay!) and naturally, my DD is now also on quarantine from work. At least DD works alone...….customers pickup/drop off dry cleaning only, very slow now and she hasn't been at the location for 5 days (off work). LOL, she's off without pay. GOOD news? We are out here on the farm, far apart, and they can be outside doing whatever, whenever. All stocked up with any needs. They are now on the 2 week wait, hoping things are just fine.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, correct on the 326. They are in self isolation, rottnest island or hotel quarantine or in hospital. Sorry, I probably didn't post in the right language. I'll link direct as it is more clear.

1585803367076.png

Community transmission is a long way behind the US. While I have read online of many people though Scotland, Sweden and the Midwest of US reporting they had a bad flu like illness over christmas, I have not heard any reports of that in Australia. We are coming out of summer and into the flu season now.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So the Cincinnati Inquirer reported some numbers on total covid tests administered in Ohio. The positive tests amounted to to 5% of the total. Only the positive tests are required to be reported. Be aware, these are only administered to individuals showing some symptoms or some directly exposed to a confirmed case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts