Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am glad that we are rural, not stacked up on each other like in the cities. I have plenty to do and I don't need to adopt a new pet to keep me busy. LOL The animal shelters are asking people to adopt, after all, everyone has plenty of time to spend with a new pet.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have dogs and cats that wont let me be lonely. Athena keeps circling hubby's truck looking for him when I let her out. She was crying last evening insisting she needed outside. She'd head directly to the truck.
Awww.....she just doesn't understand. That is love. :love

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was just on the local news that Walmart will only let in a few people at a time, people must stand outside in line, 6 feet apart and the aisles will be one way to prevent people from passing each other in the aisles.

That makes me durned happy that I have squirrel DNA.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had to go to Walmart yesterday. Yup the one I went to had lines marked outside 6 ft apart to wait to go in. Only one entrance was open and they had a person letting you in. Lines marked on floor inside is the new norm at all the stores here.

Costco has been limiting people inside for a while. They now have a 2 people per card limit as well so no hoards of kids. Lines at checkout. They put your stuff on belt and only after last person is gone.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I am glad that we are rural, not stacked up on each other like in the cities. I have plenty to do and I don't need to adopt a new pet to keep me busy. LOL The animal shelters are asking people to adopt, after all, everyone has plenty of time to spend with a new pet.
Absolutely. We don't have any direct neighbors, and I am getting plenty of things done these days.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I talked to my buddy yesterday who owns the BBQ joint. His business is the only game in town now and it's booming. He said the had to cut a hole in the side of the restaurant to add a drive through window. Bad photo I know but look at the cars, pretty impressive for a town with a population of 300 (including all dogs and cats) 🤪
IMG_20200403_181642081_HDR.jpg

Forgot to mention he also had to put in a bigger gas line for more Q and new driveway for the the drive through. Here's a picture looking from the restaurant at the line of cars. Couldn't happen to a better dude, he's a super nice guy, and one one heck of a pit master.
Screenshot_2020-04-03-20-15-42.png

Last edited:

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good to hear everyone is doing ok on here. I spend a heck of a lot of time in praise in the garden to be living where I do now! Despite some difficulties and adjustments, I am glad to be out of the city. There are some perks for us here. There are now grocery deliveries for the first time ever for seniors, but I am not a senior so I don't qualify.

They are predicting the peak here to hit late April through to August - right through our usual winter flu season.
My mum said that the capital city is still mental at the shops, still a lot of stock missing but it hasn't been as bad down where I am, especially now that they have shut the region boarders and locked out the easter travellers.

There were only 8 cases in the region (county?) last I checked with most cases up in the capital city (400km away). None reported in my shire yet. It will kill people once it gets here though, my neighbours are all around 80 years old and even the pub being shut does not stop them from getting together for their 4pm beer.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So if we all pretended that it was spiders, people might stay away from others for fear of catching spiders themselves.

I'd stay away that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.