Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hubby is still working, even if it's reduced hours. The little the airlines are flying, they still need parts fixed. A flying aircraft is a happy aircraft. Sitting tends to make them have issues, so there might be a bunch of work and overtime when this is over.

We'll have to go out tonight or tomorrow for gas. I have a small replacement grocery list I'll get then.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'm working on getting canning lids for the year now. That's been a challenge too.. FYI

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I started getting lids last week jic. I still need more for the year. If we were on shelter in place orders, I'd drive down to the coast and buy tuna as it's running cheap at the moment since the coastal towns are closed. Friends down there are doing their yearly fish canning 6 months early.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've used Walmart lids with good results. Regular mouth are $1.47/box of 12. Can't find a better price than that. Any readers have a different/better source?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If this is accurate, this could offer some hope...

The article makes one mistake [that I noticed]. Chinese quarantine is nothing compared to Jordan. :eek: in Jordan they're not even allowed to let dogs potty outside. :eek: Not allowed to leave to grocery stores - the city buses are delivering food instead.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have used All American and Presto canners both. I am weighing sizes right now. Decisions decisions

Go BIG or go home :) no seriously... Get one that you can use on your range in your kitchen. Pay attention to it's height if you have a range hood and the maximum BTU of the largest burner.

The last thing you want is one that worn fit or takes forever and a day to heat up.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
For now, I have a propane burner setup I use in the garage. Or did, years ago. Almost 10 years. Wow.

I am a chronic "go big or go home" buyer when it comes to this stuff. Just need to convince myself

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
where are you looking?
I have bought the bulk lids from Lehman's for the past several years. I just like getting a bunch at once. They are on back order right now. I think I'll place the order when I get paid next week and they should be in when I need them in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.