Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I have used All American and Presto canners both. I am weighing sizes right now. Decisions decisions

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
POTUS Donald J. Trump

"We should never be reliant on a foreign country for the means of our own survival," Trump said, adding that coronavirus has shown "how critical it is to have strong borders and a robust manufacturing sector."

👍

And, yet... folks are blaming him for the covid virus and the current state of affairs of our country.

True, but the weight will keep the pressure at the right amount even if the dial part is off.

Only if the pressue goes over the weight. It won't do squat if the pressure is less than the weight.

As I said, I like my All American. No gasket to worry about. Just take care of it and there shouldn't be any problems.

:hide just make sure you keep the weight in a safe spot. I have 2 because I tend to misplace things when I put them in a "safe spot I wont forget"

I wish I'd spent the money for an AA.

This is the one my wife has and the only one I ever used so I can't compare.

Presto, I like it too, but I really should get the dial calibrated. Should be done yearly.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, yet... folks are blaming him for the covid virus and the current state of affairs of our country.

Only if the pressue goes over the weight. It won't do squat if the pressure is less than the weight.

I wish I'd spent the money for an AA.

Presto, I like it too, but I really should get the dial calibrated. Should be done yearly.

Doesn't the weight of the jiggler control the pressure. The dial could be off but it wouldn't matter?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Must have been another run on the grocery stores yesterday in WI before our "Safer AT Home" order which went into effect this morning.

I stopped at the local grocery store. Sold out of
  • flour
  • sugar
  • rice
  • carrots (!)
  • potatoes - almost everywhere is sold out of potatoes
  • large eggs (were a few boxes of medium left)
  • yeast and baking powder
Never-have-I-ever been so thankful for my grocery shopping habits, which, until now were considered silly because who would ever think that grocery stores might not have food??? But I have 10# of carrots frozen in my freezer, which should get me through until I can get them at a store if I ration - I had been using 4 pounds per week. I might be able to make them last a month.

If you're thinking about buying a canner, do it now! One the warmest areas of the country start first harvests, we might have trouble finding them for sale!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I went this morning and there was plenty of sugar, some flour, plenty of breakfast baking mixes, a couple bags of rice and a couple bags of beans, hardly any soup, a few canned meats, some canned milk, plenty of canned veggies, frozen veggies and fresh veggies. I bought an extra box of pint jars and a 4 pack of toilet paper. There was very little toilet paper and no paper towels. Eh...not terrible - not great.

@tortoise - I wish we lived closer - I would share with you. I was recently gifted a 50lb bag of carrots. I've canned carrots and canned carrots and canned carrots, lol. Made some awesome carrot cake and plenty of soup with carrots as an ingredient. I still have carrots! We might get sick of carrots but we should have awesome eyesight for awhile, lol!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My liberal sister-in-law posted this on Facebook...
🌝Good Morning & Happy Hump Day! Please take a minute and read why we are the GREATEST NATION ❤️🇺🇸

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

You’ve got two Democrat Governors getting told “We will make it happen” by a Republican President who has fought with them for three and half years. While the media keeps repeating itself, “We are a nation divided.”
What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."
I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."
Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!
Sharing this from another FB friend. We have a wonderful country and an amazing God.
I know we will be ok .🇺🇸🙏🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is so much good happening around here. The only cases here of the virus were brought in by people traveling to other areas that are known to have it. We were on a stay at home "advisory" - but the governor has now made it mandatory with up to $250 fine for being out and about without a darn good reason. (shopping for food, getting medical care/supplies, working at "essential" businesses)
My company handed out permission slips to travel to work and back home - so if we get stopped by the cops we should be OK.

I stopped to pick-up take out from our favorite restaurant for supper. Happy to keep them busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.