Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We're all set for "DIY" laundery detergent supplies to last at least a year. Ditto with cleaning products. Oredering 20 boxes of canning lids at Walmart today. Can't order on line... have to go into store. How dumb is that? Food stuff, good for at least 6 weeks except for dairy. Will stock more cheese in freezer today. Wish I could buy an other bag of powdered milk, but none available since I early stocked up when first CV cases in China.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Been using homemade laundry soap since 2006 and always keep a good stock of the ingredients on hand....and am thanking the Lord for giving me the information and will to do so long about now. So cool to just go into the pantry, take out ingredients and make 4 large jugs of detergent in a flash.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
rlD6CJDLQKifc4AttdYdSw.jpg

Canned carrots yesterday. Also, sowed Romaine lettuce to transplant. Sister got the raised bed fence back up and ready to go too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We went to Lowes and got a roll of weed cloth. I want to try it on a patch of the garden. If I like it, I’ll do it again. We also got a torch head and disposable propane bottle to burn holes in it to keep the cloth from unraveling. DH got a bag of birdseed, we were out and the birdies were disappointed. LOL We took hand sanitizer with us, rubbed our hands with it when we got to the truck, washed hands when we got home and changed clothes.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
View attachment 13525
Canned carrots yesterday. Also, sowed Romaine lettuce to transplant. Sister got the raised bed fence back up and ready to go too.

I did my first ever carrot canning a few weeks ago, when they were on sale @ 69 cents/#. I honestly didn't expect much flavor, since they were plain ol' run of the mill grocery store carrots grown in crap soil. But... we had our first jar a week ago, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! Sweet, flavorful. INcredible. So... even if I can't grow good carrots on my soil, i intend to continue canning them when I find them on sale at grocer!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I did my first ever carrot canning a few weeks ago, when they were on sale @ 69 cents/#. I honestly didn't expect much flavor, since they were plain ol' run of the mill grocery store carrots grown in crap soil. But... we had our first jar a week ago, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! Sweet, flavorful. INcredible. So... even if I can't grow good carrots on my soil, i intend to continue canning them when I find them on sale at grocer!
These smelled divine! I can't grow them that well here either.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope springs eternal. I bought more carrot seeds today. Sometimes, I've had a fantastic harvest. But... more often than not, 't ain't so.

Status
Not open for further replies.