Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is starting to look like the social distancing is paying off here. Here's hoping it really is and we keep going down on number confirmed per day. It's really to early to be positive.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its good to hear that the numbers of new infections are starting to drop in areas. That is a good sign.

We are just starting to get it showing up around here so we have about 3 weeks until we reach the peak and start dropping, :(
(I read an article that showed the math and trending of all the outbreaks and it showed 4 to 5 weeks for it to peak and then start dropping in new cases)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I heard the important things are to wash your hands and not touch your face and expecially not your nose, eyes & mouth.

Rubbing my eyes that itch is hard not to do, this time of the year. Due to pollen being produced by all the plants and trees coming out of hibernation.

I've been trying hard not to rub my eyes and am using a tissue or hanky. But it's a habit that's hard to break. Expecially first thing in the morning when you rub the sleep from the corner of your eyes.

I've read "pink eye could be" one of the early indicators of "possible" Chinese COVID-19 infection. But who knows... I read it on the internet which is not trust worthy at all. It was probably some click bait web site. 😂

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I heard the important things are to wash your hands and not touch your face and expecially not your nose, eyes & mouth.

Rubbing my eyes that itch is hard not to do, this time of the year. Due to pollen being produced by all the plants and trees coming out of hibernation.

I've been trying hard not to rub my eyes and am using a tissue or hanky. But it's a habit that's hard to break. Expecially first thing in the morning when you rub the sleep from the corner of your eyes.

I've read "pink eye could be" one of the early indicators of "possible" Chinese COVID-19 infection. But who knows... I read it on the internet which is not trust worthy at all. It was probably some click bait web site. 😂

the issue of not touching eyes, nose, mouth, etc. is because this virus is very infectious. if you know that you have not touched anything that may be contaminated with the virus then what you do with your hands is not an issue.

the broader skill of keeping your hands away from your face/etc is that it will also help you not catch other similar diseases which might be less infectious.

one way to do it is to wear gloves and and a scarf so then you really notice when you do something out of habit so you can retrain yourself to stop doing it.

as far as the spring pollen reactions, washing hands first good, rinse off and wash face and then rinse out your eyes and sinuses. changes my life in moments from a dripping snot monster to someone who feels fairly normal.

anyways, if people in your house are not sick and are not transporting things touched by others then wiping the sleep out of your eyes in the morning isn't too likely to be an infection problem. however, as life is rarely 100% certain... take it all with a grain of salt or sleep... :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Went food shopping today and don't know what all the hoohaw has been about....milk and eggs aplenty in the stores(not that we buy any of those), TP too. A few things missing from shelves but overall plenty of all the staples~bought flour, pasta and such. There wasn't anything on my list I couldn't find or get. Sam's Club had the most to offer of everything, most shelves fully stocked, HUGE packages of premium TP with a limit of one....but it's 45 jumbo rolls of TP, so the limit isn't a hardship.

They even had my fave cheap dog food restocked at Rural King....ordered 20 PWR str. run chicks from them today. They say they aren't taking special orders but the lady said she would ask if she could tag it onto their standing weekly order. Hope I get them so I can shove them under my first broody of the year...she's been waiting for a week plus for eggs or chicks.

Beautiful day here and folks out shopping and such....saw a few with masks, some with gloves but overall folks just acting like normal.
Seems to me that most folks have calmed on the shopping since this began? We've had plenty of luck at the grocery.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Local grocery store is still out of paper products. They have a new egg supplier - local/ungraded. Soup and canned foods have recovered. Still having trouble getting carrots, potatoes, and baking supplies. But they got one brand of baking powder in, I was thankful for that.

It's still pretty crazy here with shopping, but limiting store hours and quantities on many items is helping.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stores still have issues here. Only Winco is pretty well stocked but they put in hard limits on hoarded items. Haven't been at Costco for a long while but we need to go Friday for a few things that we are very low on. Nothing we need is being hoarded thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.