Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is just a rambling garden thought, but when my mum visited Italy a few years ago, she said it was the dirtiest place she had ever been. Could that have something to do with the spread? I know nothing about new york, but Singapore is extremely clean and their virus numbers are very low. I just spoke to a friend from Singapore this morning and he was told off by the guards for not wearing a mask on his way to starbucks.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is just a rambling garden thought, but when my mum visited Italy a few years ago, she said it was the dirtiest place she had ever been. Could that have something to do with the spread? I know nothing about new york, but Singapore is extremely clean and their virus numbers are very low. I just spoke to a friend from Singapore this morning and he was told off by the guards for not wearing a mask on his way to starbucks.

you have to understand the terrain and the climate. Singapore gets a lot of rain...

a lot of rocky land, not many places for people to build, so very tight cities and then add a climate that does not get a lot of rain so grime would build up before being washed away.

if you read up on complaints about similar cities in the USoA (SF and LA) you will see that people complain how dirty they are (and made worse in some areas by people using the sidewalks and streets as toilets). without a regular rain it just gets nasty.

a really good sign IMO of overpopulation and not having enough wild spaces, but that is my own bias for a world with a population that understands nature and the carrying capacity and i also value wild life and diversity as much as i value human life.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been to LA and even the air made me sick! It was the first thing I noticed getting off the plane, the heavy gross smell of the air. I suffered an awful cough and nausea the entire time I was there. I refused to go back when given the chance again. It was just so different to Australia, even though we also have very low rainfall and a similar climate.

Laws in Singapore are extremely strict too, spitting on the street will have you fined and as you mention, the population is smaller. This is why I wonder if there is a per capita chart of cases, it may give a more balanced view.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Some of those that point fingers, should be pointing at themselves and shut the hell up.

Please stop posting these types of messages that will incite division here. I am a Republican to the core, but I don't have to air my thoughts/grievances on this forum. If someone wants my opinion, they can privately message me. Let's preserve the diversity of opinion here, and the camaraderie. Not everything needs an overt political spin to it. That's what I am doing. Please, please, please respect the rules here.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My heart skipped a beat when I got this emergency alert on my cell phone, the audio was was loud and a long tone.

5e8362ccf13ca.image.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been to LA and even the air made me sick! It was the first thing I noticed getting off the plane, the heavy gross smell of the air. I suffered an awful cough and nausea the entire time I was there. I refused to go back when given the chance again. It was just so different to Australia, even though we also have very low rainfall and a similar climate.

Laws in Singapore are extremely strict too, spitting on the street will have you fined and as you mention, the population is smaller. This is why I wonder if there is a per capita chart of cases, it may give a more balanced view.

there are per capita charts but even those do not really reflect how things are going because each area can be on its own trajectory of how the disease starts/gets spread and is then either contained or not so you have to pay attention to all of those factors... like we do not know yet how much our own trajectory is vs. say Italy or Spain because they were in the thick of it before us.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would suggest to you and anyone else who does not like what I post.

1) Don't read them. No one is forcing you to read my posts.

2) If you find yourself unable to use self restraint. Then click on my picture and select ignore. Then you won't see any of my offensive posts any more. I have ignored a few members here and the feature works great!

Here's how you ignore a member, a couple of clicks and no more CC. Just like pushing the Easy Button.

View attachment 13565

check! bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.