Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Agreed, I am left scratching my head over this: true vs. fake. And, best practice today does not match best practice last week. Do any of us know ANYONE who has been hospitalized with severe covid illness? Do any of us know anyone who works in the medical community who reports the dire circumstances of ICU's over burdened, having to make decisions who gets a ventilator and who doesn't?

yes, i have a cousin who's an ER physician in a nearby bigger city. it hasn't fully hit yet but they have had various problems. i do worry about her safety and health and her whole family. i need to send her some e-hugs.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sent that video to my pastor, along with the question about how real is this, does ANYONE know ANYONE who is ill. He responded that he knows for a fact that his dtr's pastor's wife was stricken with it, and had a fight for her life. She is recovering now... But... it was touch and go for quite a while.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sent that video to my pastor, along with the question about how real is this, does ANYONE know ANYONE who is ill. He responded that he knows for a fact that his dtr's pastor's wife was stricken with it, and had a fight for her life. She is recovering now... But... it was touch and go for quite a while.

glad they are recovering ok! i only know of friends of people i know as of yet, nobody directly.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
glad they are recovering ok! i only know of friends of people i know as of yet, nobody directly.

Exactly.

I don't even know of friends of people....we've only had 2 die in WV, both in nursing homes. I've worked in nursing homes where a 2 day flu bug killed 9 people and most of the staff were hospitalized at one time or other for fluids and meds over it, so 2 people dying in a nursing home isn't a case for alarm.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Agreed, I am left scratching my head over this: true vs. fake. And, best practice today does not match best practice last week. Do any of us know ANYONE who has been hospitalized with severe covid illness? Do any of us know anyone who works in the medical community who reports the dire circumstances of ICU's over burdened, having to make decisions who gets a ventilator and who doesn't? I know a local ER doc who has yet to treat his first KNOWN covid patient. I will tell you that he is scared for the safety of him, his co-workers, and especially for his family. He and his colleagues are taking over the top, unprecedented precautions. Whether these reports are true or not, the effect this pandemic is having on all of us: economy, food and pharmaceutical supply IS VERY REAL. I can tell you all that it's been a nightmare getting medications for hubby and myself. I'm still without one necessary med. I have a few days worth. But, if I get sick, I will be in a world of hurt b/c it's needed to calm my reactive airway disease.
I have a high school classmate who has a mild case. I knew of a pastor's wife in Indiana that was diagnosed with it and passed away. I only know of people who know people that have it.

So far, in rural areas medical professionals are being furloughed because of reduced office traffic.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Veterinary clinic in our area has an employee test positive so they are closed. DH's vet clinic has 2 employees that are not following the stay-at-home order and one with known exposure, so we are very concerned.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
67 cases in our county now. DD and family were all sick in January. Daughter thinks they all had the virus. Then my husband got what they had and has just got over it. So have they had it or not? Who knows? Did I have it and just not know it? Who knows?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Drugmaker readies possible coronavirus vaccine for testing

Now that sounds awesome! I hope we can really end this dilemma. here in the Philippines, there are a lot of casualties. And the quarantine already hit us pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts