Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Weekly death rates continue to fall (CDC data below)

I am still looking for primary sources, but my understanding is the number of cases of "active infections" and "you had it" test results are being lumped into one total infections count. Also looking for the number of actual tests (both types) administered.

Hang tough, everyone.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Weekly death rates continue to fall (CDC data below)

I am still looking for primary sources, but my understanding is the number of cases of "active infections" and "you had it" test results are being lumped into one total infections count. Also looking for the number of actual tests (both types) administered.

Hang tough, everyone.

yes, what i am looking at is death rate but also percentage of positive tests. our state has been improving, just have to keep at it, keep wearing masks, don't get in enclosed spaces with people you don't know have been quarantined for a few weeks, etc. wash hands too, still a good idea. it is so good though that the weather is nicer so people can get outside more. to me that is the greatest lifter of spirits and getting some good fresh air, sunshine, and exericse.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Some of the dirt and "crap" found on the skin of my hands would surely kill any virus out there! :lol: Farmers are exposed to a LOT.

While checking those stats -- wonder how many "victims" are farmers?
If you have ever kept livestock, and given regular vaccinations, you have been around coronaviruses. My dad claims he is probably immune because he has accidentally taken the cattle vaccines for it ....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you have ever kept livestock, and given regular vaccinations, you have been around coronaviruses. My dad claims he is probably immune because he has accidentally taken the cattle vaccines for it ....
I didn't know there were cattle vaccines for corona viruses. Maybe us farmers oughta just vaccinate ourselves. LOL LOL

Some of the dirt and "crap" found on the skin of my hands would surely kill any virus out there! :lol: Farmers are exposed to a LOT.

While checking those stats -- wonder how many "victims" are farmers?

You are so right. Just in the course of our daily living, we get filthy. Sheep, horses, dogs, chickens, garden, dirt, compost, You name it, we get in it. No shrinking flowers are we! No! We are strapping, healthy, happy in our dirt. Hahaha!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So am I . I gave my flock some Ivermectin Pour On to deal with persistent Northern Fowl mites. So, while doing the 2 week egg w/d period, I've not been selling eggs, but eating them myself. So... surely, I've shed all of my parasites!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

funny as a joke, but don't be rash and then a victim...

the big advantage you have as a farmer is working outside and away from crowds of people and washing your hands (with whatever things you are putting your hands in) - but pretty much i'd say almost all the protection you are getting as a farmer would be in staying away from enclosed spaces with a lot of people...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't know there were cattle vaccines for corona viruses. Maybe us farmers oughta just vaccinate ourselves. LOL LOL

You are so right. Just in the course of our daily living, we get filthy. Sheep, horses, dogs, chickens, garden, dirt, compost, You name it, we get in it. No shrinking flowers are we! No! We are strapping, healthy, happy in our dirt. Hahaha!

smell better too!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My brother in law died Saturday early morning. Because of Covid-19 there will be no funeral, no memorial, no nothing. I feel bad for my sister. My BIL knew everyone and had a lot of friends. Now she is cheated of a large gathering of people showing their care and support by showing up.

She lives in Conroe, an extension of Houston. Covid-19 cases are spiking in Houston and surrounding areas and honestly, I don’t want to go down there. If we went to her house and there was no one else there, I’d do that. My poor sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts