Countdown to Meat Rabbits: A few pics from planning the colony

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if your giving them full burrowing acess that will give them night time protection, you may find the does will choose to kindle in the shelter rather than build their own...while there young though id probably lock them in at night.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
if your giving them full burrowing acess that will give them night time protection, you may find the does will choose to kindle in the shelter rather than build their own...while there young though id probably lock them in at night.
Im doing it full monty! They will have burrowing access, and I hope they will kindle there because from what I have read they are protected from the elements way better than anything I could do! I will be providing a few boxes in the building, just in case one wants em there. I cant wait to pull this through it seems so interesting and the best part is hardly anyone does it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
pinkfox said:
Im doing it full monty! They will have burrowing access, and I hope they will kindle there because from what I have read they are protected from the elements way better than anything I could do! I will be providing a few boxes in the building, just in case one wants em there. I cant wait to pull this through it seems so interesting and the best part is hardly anyone does it.
Hardly anyone in our country. It's pretty popular elsewhere ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*ding ding ding* lol colony is the method in most of europe and ALL 3rd world countries lol

isnt it exciting though :) you have to keep good records not only of your rabbits but of your process...ive got a feeling colony raising is going to become alot more popular and i think those of us "going first" should keep good details on what/how ect.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
*ding ding ding* lol colony is the method in most of europe and ALL 3rd world countries lol

isnt it exciting though :) you have to keep good records not only of your rabbits but of your process...ive got a feeling colony raising is going to become alot more popular and i think those of us "going first" should keep good details on what/how ect.
I plan on lots and lots of details because I'd like to do a article on it for either Countryside or Backwoods home. I like to keep my information and progress here, because its a place of accumulation and advice. I hope it turns out well, but it almost seems like Im ahead of the game on it. Im excited for sure though. :D :wee

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
And we get tohear it first. One day Buffy, we can say we knew you when... ;)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Yeah and I'll say if it wouldnt for them SS tenessee ladies, I'd never got there!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
Yeah and I'll say if it wouldnt for them SS tenessee ladies, I'd never got there!
:lol: Ya hear that Pinky?! We gonna be FAMOUS! :woot