Craigslist blessing :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Youngest DD this week made her own hair accessory using one a hair doo-dad and a chicken's feather from one of my layers. :th

I'm not ready to jump into this market yet. :rolleyes: :p

Nice deal on the chix, WBF. :thumbsup
If you don't jump in, you probably won't get in. It's just a fad that will be "old and ugly" by next year. I'm cashin in while I can :lol: I bought these chickens with hair feather profits ;)
That's why you're my hero! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Youngest DD this week made her own hair accessory using one a hair doo-dad and a chicken's feather from one of my layers. :th

I'm not ready to jump into this market yet. :rolleyes: :p

Nice deal on the chix, WBF. :thumbsup
If you don't jump in, you probably won't get in. It's just a fad that will be "old and ugly" by next year. I'm cashin in while I can :lol: I bought these chickens with hair feather profits ;)
Awwwwwww! Look everybody!!! Jamie's bein sweet!!! ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Awwwwwww! Look everybody!!! Jamie's bein sweet!!! ;)
:plbb Off to the Friday night event/commitment....... later. :frow

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I thought I would share this if you ever decide to pluck your own chickens- it will ruin your feathers so get the good ones off first, i found it on backyard chickens- learning center scroll down towards the bottom. Pluck a chicken in 15 minutes! Almost boil water and put in a block of parrafin- said it was $1 or 2, -per chicken-not all at once- when it melts take your beheaded chicken and dip him in for 20 seconds then immediately into ice water for a few minutes, lay him on table and smush a bit to break the wax off, and then peel like an orange- gets all the pin feathers! Then you are ready for cutting up and freezing! Thought it was awesome! I will have to wait a while to try it, but it showed pics for step by step, if you try it let me know! I'll subscribe to this so i can see how it works out! My husband told me he would never pluck another chicken as long as he lived- they did a weekend a year 300+, i told him about this and he said he would help if it worked- when the time comes!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Parafin does work, but for hair feathers I dry pluck the ones I want for that, then skin the chicken :hu