Cranberry Juice

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cranberry cobbler - it is time. 1956 Farm Journals homemade pies cookies and breads cookbook that I believe my wife had before we married - as you can see it's seen a little use. This is the best cobbler recipes there is in my opinion.
IMG_20180201_183512054.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
in looking at that label i was surprised by the 0% vitamin C and then saw best by sometime later than i would think fresh berries would be good for. so were those dried cranberries? confused...

oh, ok, now i get it (these were from last year and you canned them last year).

still curious about if they were dried...

Yes they were dried, I think she bought the from Amazon. They were already sugared. Still good but not as good as fresh cranberries.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love cranberry juice! Anybody tried drinking it for urinary tract infections? Is it because of the cranberry juice's diuretic properties?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you give me the best recipes for these veggies and fruits?
Soft fruits: pineapples, strawberries, bananas, citrus fruits, melons, mangos, raisins, peaches, nectarines, prunes, kiwis.
Tough fruits: bananas, pears, pomegranates, cranberries.
Soft vegetables: lettuce, cucumber, kale, chard, garlic, cilantro, parsley.
Thank you in advance.
What recipes are you looking for? There is a really good Banana Butter recipe in the beginning of the "What are you canning now?" thread.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Juice can be almost as bad as soda pop. You're better off eating the entire fruit; that way you get the fiber too, and the sugar absorption into your bloodstream is reduced.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is she canning cranberry juice to drink? I LOVE cranberry juice. Buy ours at the store.