Cranberry Juice

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
in looking at that label i was surprised by the 0% vitamin C and then saw best by sometime later than i would think fresh berries would be good for. so were those dried cranberries? confused...

oh, ok, now i get it (these were from last year and you canned them last year).

still curious about if they were dried...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
in looking at that label i was surprised by the 0% vitamin C and then saw best by sometime later than i would think fresh berries would be good for. so were those dried cranberries? confused...

oh, ok, now i get it (these were from last year and you canned them last year).

still curious about if they were dried...

Yes they were dried, I think she bought the from Amazon. They were already sugared. Still good but not as good as fresh cranberries.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That bread looks so good! :drool Have you got a recipe for us?
Sorry Sumi I must have missed this :( but here is the recipe for cranberry orange zest bread. Better late than never i guess.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love cranberry juice! Anybody tried drinking it for urinary tract infections? Is it because of the cranberry juice's diuretic properties?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I love cranberry juice! Anybody tried drinking it for urinary tract infections? Is it because of the cranberry juice's diuretic properties?
I believe it has more to do with how bacteria adhere to the bladder wall. I'm pretty sure the research now says that it's good for prevention but not-so-much for treatment.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally got my cranberries canned for juice. Did it this morning before going to work - and I made it to work on time!
The jars are still sitting in the steam canner... I was going to pull them out and wrap them in a towel like I usually do when steam/water-bath canning but they were still boiling in the jars when I pulled the lid, lol. So there they sit to cool down.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I finally got my cranberries canned for juice. Did it this morning before going to work - and I made it to work on time!
The jars are still sitting in the steam canner... I was going to pull them out and wrap them in a towel like I usually do when steam/water-bath canning but they were still boiling in the jars when I pulled the lid, lol. So there they sit to cool down.
That's Great. I love cranberries... I wish I can plant my own so I can harvest every time I wanted to. but I guess cranberries just won't grow here in the Philippines, I hope I can find another way.