Cream cheese - your favorite way to use it?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just curious and bored 'cause I'm snowed in. If you had 3/4 of a brick of cream cheese left, what would be you favorite way to eat it? I better go start exercising right now because I know you all will have some ideas for the calories I will have to burn. :D

I'm thinking of what I call ugly dip - just cream cheese mixed with salsa and shredded cheddar. It's ugly, but its GOOOOOD :drool

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Veggie dip? Chopped red bell, green & red onion, fresh herbs, onion & garlic powder, sea salt.

I usually do this with yocheese and it is a bit softer than cream cheese, you may need to thin a bit with milk to get it to a good consistency.

There is also the good ol' Devil Dip:
Layer chili, green chiles, cream cheese, jack cheese and melt. Haven't had it i years but it is devilishly addictive!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this might sound gross, but I mix some with just a bit of the crystal light drink mix. It sorta passes for a cheesecake kinda stuff. fixes my cravings.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We just had artichoke dip with cream cheese any mayo base for an appy for the mouths watching the super bowl. A loaf of sourdough and dip was so yummy and NOT healthy. Forgot how good that stuff is.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Smear cream cheese onto thin slices of smoked ham and then wrap them around crisp dill pickles like claussons. The cream cheese would glue the ham onto the pickle. Chill in fridge for an hour or so . Then slice the ham-pickles into half dollar rounds at about 1/2 inch thick. Made an interesting pink, white and green "bulls-eye" looking hors devours. Sometimes I would just eat the ham, c. cheese pickle whole if I was alone. :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Also an old favorite, put softened cream cheese onto a plate and pour some of your favorite salsa over the top. Serve with some yummy tortilla chips.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For some reason, "yocheese" has me giggling.

It's different from nacho cheese, which naturally, belongs to someone else.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
For some reason, "yocheese" has me giggling.

It's different from nacho cheese, which naturally, belongs to someone else.
You have to say it: "yo :cool: cheese" hahahaha!

It's nacho cheese, its mine! :lol: