Cream cheese - your favorite way to use it?

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I opened up a Kraft cookbook a couple of days ago and there was a recipe for Alfreda sauce using cream cheese. It was good with linguini and chunks of left-over chicken.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mexi Dip

1 brick cream cheese (8oz)
1 tub of sour cream(8oz)
1 package of taco seasoning

soften the cream cheese, mix all ingredients. Top with your choice of goodies.

Topping suggestions:

green onion
red sweet bell pepper

Serve with tortilla chips.

I take this to most parties/pot lucks - it's always all gone - and I always get asked for the recipe. It's really good - but really bad for you LOL

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm all about the spreadin' the cheese on the crackers. I'll mix the cream cheese with whatever combination strikes my fancy-cheddar, garlic, onion, green onion, dill, salsa, tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries,....I could go on all day so long as the cheese goes on the cracker.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
I'm all about the spreadin' the cheese on the crackers. I'll mix the cream cheese with whatever combination strikes my fancy-cheddar, garlic, onion, green onion, dill, salsa, tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries,....I could go on all day so long as the cheese goes on the cracker.
I feel like there is something profound contained within this statement.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
farmerlor said:
I feel like there is something profound contained within this statement.
:lol: PUT THE CHEESE ON THE CRACKER AND NOBODY GETS HURT! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I just whipped up a smoked salmon dip with cream cheese for lunch.

I didn't measure, but I added diced smoked salmon (wild caught from Costco) with some of my home made taco seasoning, a little more garlic salt and onion powder. Mix into softened cream cheese.

It is wonderful!! I don't know if it is still going to be around for my lunch!

Thanks for the idea Gettinaclue!!

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cold boiled shrimp cut up and cocktail sauce poured over and of course, CRACKERS

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I made a Gluten Free cheesecake (the crust was ground almonds and butter) for Christmas. A little sliver takes me an hour to eat. I take tiny little bits and savor it as long as possible. :love :drool

I would never get fat eating cheesecake (just plain by the way - save your toppings for some other boring food). It is FAR too good to rush through and FAR to special to eat a lot at once.

Does anybody here know how to properly FREEZE cheesecake? I heard you could and I would LOVE to make some little tarts for the freezer (for those emergency rations on awful days you know).