Creative Uses for Baling Twine

goatmomma

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
For the last 3 years I've had ZERO rabbits or birds or deer around my open garden because of that stuff. Ours isn't sisal, it's a poly version of it, but it is dynamite for what I use it for.

I tie it on to fence posts and go around my garden with it. Then I hang old CD's from it on two different levels. The shiny side reflects light that is really creepy at night and when the wind stirs them they clank together and successfully scares off just about anything.

If anybody saw it they'd call me the crazy CD lady! :clap

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you are going to use twine for bee smoker fuel make sure it has not been treated with anything. The fumes from any chemicals can harm your bees.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
goatmomma said:
I tie it on to fence posts and go around my garden with it. Then I hang old CD's from it on two different levels. The shiny side reflects light that is really creepy at night and when the wind stirs them they clank together and successfully scares off just about anything.
If anybody saw it they'd call me the crazy CD lady! :clap
:gig We did that this past year! Didn't work on our town wildlife though. Scared the heck out of me walking into the kitchen & getting an eyeful of reflected moonlight :rolleyes:

I like the mudrug idea. Tie on a weight & use it as a plumb line. Homemade kite string.

Latest posts