CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You are in good company. I think there is a thread here called, "I'm a seed hoarder", or some such similar name. When I helped my DIL plant a garden a few years ago, I brought my whole stash of seeds. I was sitting on the lawn, going through them, pulling out some packets that we could use for her garden. She was somewhat speechless for a bit as she watched me rifling through the packets and jars. Finally, she collected her thoughts and said, YOU need an intervention!" I really do try to cut back, honest. Have finally been able to let go of some seeds that are 9 years old, this year! But, I've had tomatoes that are that old germinate with GOOD rate. So... It's a struggle to toss seeds that just might have potential to produce yet an other crop!!!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wish there was an event like that over here! Finding seeds that will grow in our mountain climate is hard!
I definitely can agree with that! I was suprised to hear we had one!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry you've been under the weather - hope you're all better now. I love the idea of the seed-up. Have fun on your fieldtrip!

Thank you, doing much better than I was, still some men stuff but getting there :) here's to hoping we dont end up rained out lol

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You are in good company. I think there is a thread here called, "I'm a seed hoarder", or some such similar name. When I helped my DIL plant a garden a few years ago, I brought my whole stash of seeds. I was sitting on the lawn, going through them, pulling out some packets that we could use for her garden. She was somewhat speechless for a bit as she watched me rifling through the packets and jars. Finally, she collected her thoughts and said, YOU need an intervention!" I really do try to cut back, honest. Have finally been able to let go of some seeds that are 9 years old, this year! But, I've had tomatoes that are that old germinate with GOOD rate. So... It's a struggle to toss seeds that just might have potential to produce yet an other crop!!!
I've seen that page! Think I even commented on it lol. Seeds are good for a lot longer than folks think, got some seeds from my work that was getting tossed, probably bout 10ish or so years old planted some this year and all but 1 germinated outta like 20. I'm gonna try to cycle seeds out and save seed from the garden lol. What about seeing if theres a seed share thing at your local library?

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Might could do that. I'd be more likely to set up one with my church family.
That's a good way to do a seed swap~ or a community garden type thing if more folks I knew around me was interested in something like that I'd do so. Unfortunately haven't been able to find any like minded folks in the immediate area, so extra seed goes via the mail to penpals or the library seed box/bank lol