Cure for Urinary Tract Infections

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well the author of the book didn't specify green silk. She just claimed that when she was shucking her corn, she'd retain the silk, dry it, put it in an air tight container and use it all year long, as a tea. I was pretty interested, so the next time I was in a produce dept, I happened to see some corn and I bought it to fix, Grandpa style. I retained the silk and dried it in a tray for a week or so, then picked it up. I've used it at least twice, since I saved it. I am keeping mine in a used oatmeal box, which freaked out DS, but thats another story.
I took about a TBLS worth and put it in a mug, boiled the water and poured. Allowed to steep 10 minutes and removed silk. Then I sweetned with honey.
It did taste of its origional source......strong corn taste, but it was a sweet hot drink and wasn't unpleasant.
Its all good because it truely did work on both occasions, it is something that would probably be thrown away otherwise and its fairly easy to obtain. I, also am growing corn this year.

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You must regularly eat Vitamin C enriched food items to avoid suffering from urinary tract infections. For more remedies you can check http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-r ction.html and http://www.everydayhealth.com/urinary-t tions.aspx
Normally, yes. But if your infections are caused by interstitial cystitis(IC), vitamin C (especially in high doses) tends to really irritate the bladder, making it more susceptible to infection. I am speaking from experience, and repeating what my urologist told me. When I cut out my vitamin C intake, even a small amount in a b complex vitamin, I have less bladder trouble.

-Carrie

WyoLiving

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I take a cranberry pill every day and it has really helped.

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I second the cranberry solution. I keep cranberry frozen concentrate in the freezer, it has to say 100% juice. And the instant there is any sensation, I add water and drink the whole thing. It's a lot to drink, but it's way better than the alternative. The cranberry pill sounds easy, and it's nice to just drink cranberry juice regularly. Vitamin C helps me, but I guess as the other poster said, it depends on your situation. :)

KellyK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I do a mix of fresh cranberries, natural cranberry juice, and baked goods with cranberries. Cranberries have helped me to stop getting kidney stones. It was the only ting my doctor could figure to help. I was landing in the ER monthly with new kidney stones. He read it someplace and we decided to give it a shot. Worked. I have been kidney stone free for 12 years now.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
clkingtx said:
You must regularly eat Vitamin C enriched food items to avoid suffering from urinary tract infections. For more remedies you can check http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-r ction.html and http://www.everydayhealth.com/urinary-t tions.aspx
Normally, yes. But if your infections are caused by interstitial cystitis(IC), vitamin C (especially in high doses) tends to really irritate the bladder, making it more susceptible to infection. I am speaking from experience, and repeating what my urologist told me. When I cut out my vitamin C intake, even a small amount in a b complex vitamin, I have less bladder trouble.

-Carrie
Currently, DMSO is what is being used for IC. You can get it at the vet supply. It is "instilled" not consumed so you may want to be more properly trained for that... rhoda_bruce can attest to that.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is kinda off topic, but kinda relavent, too. Icu4dzs, in your opinion, is DMSO safe for humans to use topically for joint pain? It sure makes a person's breath stink after a while!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so lucky said:
This is kinda off topic, but kinda relavent, too. Icu4dzs, in your opinion, is DMSO safe for humans to use topically for joint pain? It sure makes a person's breath stink after a while!
Actually, I do think it is OK to use topically. It is astounding how fast a contusion will re-absorb after using that. The reason the breath stinks is that the transit time is so rapid. It transits through the body very rapidly so that in a very short time you taste it after putting in on your skin. If it is safe for your bladder, I'd think it would be safe for your skin. A doc by the name of Stan Jacobs did research on it some years ago but it never got much publicity or acceptance from the MSM. (They of course, have to bless anything you know)
It does have a rather unsociable odor and that may be why folks don't use it but to answer your question, I'd say, "why not?" I've learned to keep my opinion to myself on anything that can't be either proven or disproven.
But then that is my opinion and not the opinion of the secretary. If any of your IM force are captured or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence....(or words to that effect)