Dacjohns--Changes

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MMMM, I like the look of lady with a gun...I dont have any decent guns any more, although I plan on getting my concealed weapons permit and getting a handgun this year when I can find the classes locally! My DH just doesnt know about it yet!!

No, I am not as prepared for a disaster as I could be...I think about it too, but I probably have more than most. I have barrel water saved if the well goes out, a generator if the power goes out (we lose power for a week or two at a time here), preserved food, etc....

We have a 26 ft. travel trailer to move in to when the house gets uncomfortable/unliveable (heater/cooler/fridge/shower on generator/propane)...we did that during fire evacuations for a week this year, it worked out....

I know theres more.....hmmm

Tina/tfpets

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wow! Ann!! Its so hard to reconcile the thought of a gentle, beekeeping, gardening lady like yourself...and this pic of a rifle-packin' mama! :lol: :lol: Oh, Yeah! :celebrate Girls with guns...ya' can't get any better!!! :ya

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
All this talk about guns is generating gun related ad links.

My wife's gun is a Browning Lever Action chambered for .308 Winchester. I use it more than she ever did. It will drop a coyote in its tracks.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
An ad for bulletproof vests.

Worried Ann might be considering lobbing off a few at us?
LOL-LOL

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Now, now, now, Ann doesn't have a violent bone in her body - provided she's not provoked by threats to what she holds dear. :love

I wish I could use it for target practice out back, but I can't shoot the thing in my yard, my neighbors are too close, and that thing's bullets would make it through the house that's behind me, for sure! You can't see it through the trees, but those .223s are powerful little loads!

We're building another AR - soon we'll have his 'n hers
devil-banana.gif

dacjohns

Reaction score
Yesterday I was in 60 degree weather that slowly cooled during the day. Now I am in Wisconsin with snow and single digit temperatures. What a change.

It sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Mine has been good also. We are visiting my oldest daughter and her husband. The drive up was good with nice weather and clear roads. Two days ago I would not have been able to say that.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Glad you had a good Christmas. Has the wife used her new chainsaw yet? I went and checked - I have a Mccollugh. Old and ragged out now. Really need/want a new one. But DH says this one is fine. Tell your wife I have chainsaw envy.

Edited because of course I can't spell.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Yesterday I was in 60 degree weather that slowly cooled during the day. Now I am in Wisconsin with snow and single digit temperatures. What a change.
Dac, we got an email from dh's cousin in Racine, WI that they have gotten over 50 inches of the white stuff so far this year! They have been using up the wood (for the stove) like crazy because of the single digit temps. But she says rain is in the forecast for the week-end! Stay warm!

dacjohns

Reaction score
She almost used the saw but decided to wait so I could help and ensure she was using it safely.

Last night when we pulled in it was bitter cold and windy. Today it was warm, in the 30s I guess, and it has been a foggy drizzly day.